Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medulla

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Has anyone seen this thing? It features a glass screen protector and apparently a device warranty if something were to go wrong..

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/01/ces-2013-incipios-waterproof-atlas-case-comes-with-its-own-warranty

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
I saw that. Thought it was pretty impressive. Does any other case maker offer something like that? I know Otterbox and Lifeproof do not.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'm going to have and try one of these also. I'm going to need $500. for new cases in Feb. :(

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Nice! Can't wait for real life reviews! Hope it'll be better than the Lifeproof Frē...

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Nice! Can't wait for real life reviews! Hope it'll be better than the Lifeproof Frē...

My hope is it doesn't have the same speaker and proximity issues as the lifeproof. I love the waterproof nature of the case but I care more about the dust/shockproof protection.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
My hope is it doesn't have the same speaker and proximity issues as the lifeproof. I love the waterproof nature of the case but I care more about the dust/shockproof protection.
The Griffin Survivor+Catalyst seems to have an interesting approach to the speaker problem. Sounds great in theory, but I wonder if it will actually work as advertised.

"One very cool feature Griffin shared is that the Survivor + Catalyst is sealed so tight audio can’t escape on its own. So how do you make calls ? There’s a thin layer of plastic membrane near the speakers that’s so sensitive to sound vibrations it can route the audio through the case’s plastic and into your ear. According to Griffin, it’s the same technology found in stethoscopes."

http://blog.laptopmag.com/waterproof-griffin-survivor-catalyst-iphone-5-case-hands-on

xWarlocx

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
This is awesome that the case has a glass screen! I hate the plastic film on the lifeproof. February cant come soon enough

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
This case is killing all the other waterproof cases. Can't wait till its available

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Wish Incipio would put up the dang product page for it. I want size specifications! I was leaning toward the Griffin Survivor+Catalyst, but the glass screen and warranty have me thinking Incipio's may be the better option.

GenderFi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I wonder with the screen protector being tempered glass if it will actually adhere or just simply cover the iphone screen? Also, anyone know a release date for this or pre-order date? I'm thinking I may wait till my local BestBuy has it for better return policy. I really don't want to fork out shipping costs and/or restocking fee back to Incipio if I don't like the case.

Releck97

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Nice. Is that site reliable? Looks like the price is $30 cheaper than MSRP.

Dunno. I took the chance and pre-ordered with them. They seem to be reliable and have good reviews. I guess we'll see in a month or so...provided the release happens in February.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Dunno. I took the chance and pre-ordered with them. They seem to be reliable and have good reviews. I guess we'll see in a month or so...provided the release happens in February.

I'm debating on preordering too. Considering if you use a credit card you usually have fraud protection, return protection, etc. so your credit card company will back you up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.