Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
Does anyone have experience or need for this kind of technology?

I personally have used a dual sim phone from Nokia ....and Samsung does have several on offer.

Very convenient when you have a business line that you want to keep separate from your personal one.

The technology seem a bit cumbersome but if one day apple could offer such I wouldn't think twice.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
good timing on your thread. just y'day my buddy was showing me something he picked up from amazon.com for his iphone.

so apparently he's got this back hard case thing, that's connected to the iphone 4S (not i5) that lets him use a secondary sim card. so he's running dual sims on his 4s. i called his 1st number and his usual ring tone was heard. i called his second number and it rang with a different tone. Also, i noticed that when the phone was unlocked, his 1st number (default sim in the iphone) had the usual red answer call button. his 2nd number (secondary sim attached the external case) had a blue answer call button.

flipside - he couldn't recieve SMS's on his secondary sim. this was not mentioned in the ad on amazon and/or the box.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
I would like a dual sim phone, but I don't expect Apple to do it. It doesn't seem like there have been many phones that have had that option.
I know I am in the minority wanting a separate line for work. It does give me an excuse to carry around two iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.