Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:53 PM   #1
PatrickW98
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Subrubs of Chicago, IL
iOS 7 Social Media Integration

Hopefully iOS 7 will have more social media integration other than facebook and twitter.

I'm hoping to see tumblr, instagram, and kik integration.

What do you guys want to see?
__________________
iPhone 4S - 16 GB; White ~ iPad "3" - 16 GB; White; WiFi Only ~ iPod Touch 2 - 8GB; Black ~ iPod Nano 2 - 2GB; Silver
PatrickW98 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:47 PM   #2
irDigital0l
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I want to see...

actually features being implemented into iOS.

iOS 6 was pathetic.

Fell asleep when Forstall talked about Facebook integration for 5 minutes.
irDigital0l is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickW98 View Post
Hopefully iOS 7 will have more social media integration other than facebook and twitter.

I'm hoping to see tumblr, instagram, and kik integration.

What do you guys want to see?
Gross. No thanks.

Instagram will be more rooted through Facebook in 2013 as they acquired them, and I really don't know if we need to start integrating EVERY social media network out there ...

The solution is if a user downloads a specific app, the app should be able to share content within iOS like some apps can do already. Kind of how one can open a photo from the photo app in Dropbox if they have that app installed.

Whatsapp>Kik and there are too many third party texting apps out there to integrate them all. Plus it would kill their app user base. Apples solution is already implemented: iMessage
__________________
rMBP 4850HQ & iPhone 5s
Dwalls90 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:02 PM   #4
A Hebrew
macrumors 6502a
 
A Hebrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
Personally,

I hope they remove social media integration from both iOS and OS X. They should just be normal apps you can get from the App Store. No built in stuff that just takes up more memory. (I also hope they add the ability to delete built in apps like Maps and Reminders...but that will never happen <_<)
__________________
2012 13" MacBook Air | 2012 27" iMac | iPad 3 | iPhone 5
A Hebrew is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:30 PM   #5
mrsir2009
macrumors 604
 
mrsir2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Hebrew View Post
Personally,

I hope they remove social media integration from both iOS and OS X. They should just be normal apps you can get from the App Store. No built in stuff that just takes up more memory. (I also hope they add the ability to delete built in apps like Maps and Reminders...but that will never happen <_<)
The option of being able to select wether you want social media intergration when you set up the phone, and being able to toggle it on or off in the settings would be great
mrsir2009 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:13 AM   #6
Parise
macrumors 6502a
 
Parise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickW98 View Post
Hopefully iOS 7 will have more social media integration other than facebook and twitter.

I'm hoping to see tumblr, instagram, and kik integration.

What do you guys want to see?
Cross Application sharing. Like what Android has. But it won't happen.
Parise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:55 PM   #7
Avatarshark
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Digital Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
The option of being able to select wether you want social media intergration when you set up the phone, and being able to toggle it on or off in the settings would be great
I think you can do that right now, whether or not Twitter or Facebook have access to an app. You can also disable the sharing center.
Avatarshark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:01 PM   #8
barkomatic
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manhattan
I'd like Google Plus added. Facebook has become so tiresome.
barkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:26 PM   #9
Avatarshark
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Digital Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
I'd like Google Plus added. Facebook has become so tiresome.
Why would Apple add their competitor to iOS? Although I will give you that Apple don't have their own Social networking but it is just free advertising.
Avatarshark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:37 PM   #10
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise View Post
Cross Application sharing. Like what Android has. But it won't happen.
iOS has this. You can open files through various apps on iOS now, such as photos or PDF, as long as the app you want to open the file in supports that format.

We don't need mobile OS modification for this to happen.
__________________
rMBP 4850HQ & iPhone 5s
Dwalls90 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:08 PM   #11
mrsir2009
macrumors 604
 
mrsir2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
I'd like Google Plus added. Facebook has become so tiresome.
Tim Cook: "Goodbye Google Maps... Hello Google Plus!"
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:22 PM   #12
barkomatic
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manhattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatarshark View Post
Why would Apple add their competitor to iOS? Although I will give you that Apple don't have their own Social networking but it is just free advertising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Tim Cook: "Goodbye Google Maps... Hello Google Plus!"
I don't think it's likely either, but it would be nice. Adding Google plus wouldn't undermine iOS.
barkomatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:16 PM   #13
Parise
macrumors 6502a
 
Parise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
iOS has this. You can open files through various apps on iOS now, such as photos or PDF, as long as the app you want to open the file in supports that format.

We don't need mobile OS modification for this to happen.
iOS barely has this, and not even a fraction to the extent of how its implemented in other OS's.

Scroll down to the middle, he explains it perfectly:

Gizmodo
Parise is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:20 PM   #14
FSMBP
macrumors 68020
 
FSMBP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
I want to see...

actually features being implemented into iOS.

iOS 6 was pathetic.

Fell asleep when Forstall talked about Facebook integration for 5 minutes.
Haha...For me, it was the tentpole of "Phone" Advancements. The fact that they made it a main feature baffles me. Current trend is that people are communicating less and less by voice and more by text/email; why Apple didn't add more useful features in messaging is beyond me!
__________________
Still don't get why I can't save a Word File from an email on my iPhone without some third-party app.
FSMBP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:03 PM   #15
Zcott
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Twitter is the only big social media outlet that doesn't have eyes on Apple, and as a result will definitely be in. Facebook are rumoured to be making a Facebook phone, so I'm sure Apple added them to their social side just because so many people were asking for it. Instagram won't be included, Kik won't be included, Vimeo won't be included.
Zcott is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Social Media Playoffs Infographic maria.garcia Design and Graphics 1 Jul 31, 2013 04:58 PM
Apple to Expand Social Network Integration in iOS 7 with Support for Flickr and Vimeo MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 135 May 27, 2013 04:28 PM
Best Application for updating Social Media? carlsson Mac Applications and Mac App Store 4 Aug 22, 2012 01:34 AM
Resolved: Questions about social network integration. superriku11 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 18 Jul 8, 2012 07:05 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC