Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Freida
macrumors 6502

Alternative charger for Nikon D90 please?

Hello guys,

I've just found out that I have forgotten my charger in another country. (the little box where you slide the batter - have everything else). What would you suggest as the cheapest alternative to buy so i can charge it before its posted to me, please?

Thank you very much
Freida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Attonine
macrumors 6502

Not knowing which country you're in, or whether you are currently in your home country makes giving any advice a little difficult.

I've just looked at Amazon, and there are 3rd party chargers for the battery the D90 takes. Go for the cheapest, there's one for 10, though you will still have to wait for delivery. Alternatively, you could try to find a camera store and see if you could charge a battery there using an open box charger they may have. Doubtful, but you never know. Last, look on ebay for a used MH-18, there is a new one listed in the UK for 10.99 buy it now.
Attonine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:17 AM   #3
Freida
macrumors 6502

Ah, I thought it would be universal.
I'm in Germany right now and I'll go to a store today but I thought there might be some chargers that are cheap and do the job as the original from Nikon is around 60EUR as I have seen. Well, if someone comes up with an option then that would be great otherwise I will have to go for ebay I guess
Thank you for any suggestions, nice of you
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Freida
macrumors 6502

Ok, went to Saturn.de here in Munich and they only had universal HAMA charger for 30EUR!!!! Cheap and awful looking plastic crap and so expensive. Gonna have to look somewhere else now
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Attonine
macrumors 6502

I asked about your location, whether you are at home, or away, as this could effect the mail order options.

Amazon has several cheap options, if you're in a position to use the site. Going to a bricks and mortar store will be more expensive than the on line options I would imagine.

If you are only looking for a temporary fix I wouldn't worry about the quality of the charger. Hopefully you wont misplace the original one again, and so wont need to use the temporary replacement again. You just need something to do the job until you have your original one back in your hands.
Attonine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Freida
macrumors 6502

Oh I see. Sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were asking about the country My bad then
I guess I'll try amazon as they seem to have some options for around 10EUR and that is a bit more acceptable than 30.
I wish I could just plug it into 220V or charge it via usb. That would be way easier ))
Thank you for your help and sorry for being a bit stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attonine View Post
I asked about your location, whether you are at home, or away, as this could effect the mail order options.

Amazon has several cheap options, if you're in a position to use the site. Going to a bricks and mortar store will be more expensive than the on line options I would imagine.

If you are only looking for a temporary fix I wouldn't worry about the quality of the charger. Hopefully you wont misplace the original one again, and so wont need to use the temporary replacement again. You just need something to do the job until you have your original one back in your hands.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:10 AM   #7
mofunk
macrumors 65816

Just get another charger. I have two. Keep one plugged up at home and one in my camera bag. Maybe Jessup will have a used one?

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography