Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CJames93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
I have recently bought the iPhone 5 from the apple store. I've heard that its best to drain your phone to 1% and then charge it up fully to 100%. As I work 5 days a week is it best to drain the phone nearer the weekend or not ? People charge there phone up every night etc. Not sure what to do in order to get the best out of the phone. Any helpers here ??

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I have recently bought the iPhone 5 from the apple store. I've heard that its best to drain your phone to 1% and then charge it up fully to 100%. As I work 5 days a week is it best to drain the phone nearer the weekend or not ? People charge there phone up every night etc. Not sure what to do in order to get the best out of the phone. Any helpers here ??

First time: drain the battery till it dies, charge it till it's full.

Then you use it as you use it, charge it when you want to, don't worry about it. If you want your battery meter to be as correct as possible, just drain the battery till it dies once a month and then charge it up until it's full.

So don't stress about it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.