Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Anyone know where a downloaded Flixster film will be stored on my MacBook?

Ive downloaded one of the films from my Flixster account onto my macbook. I then wanted to move it over to iTunes so set about looking to see where the film had been downloaded to. In Flixters preferences I saw it had been downloaded to something like /users/(username)/Library. I know Apple dont like customers messing with Library!

I then changed Flixsters preferences so that future downloads would go direct to my Movies folder. But my film is still in its original location, somewhere in Library, but I cant remember exactly where.

Any suggestions please?

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Thanks but Ive already tried spotlight but it didnt show up. My other option is to delete it and download it again, but Id rather not have to.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm not at my Mac right now to confirm, but I think you need to open up Library first and then start Spotlight from there, otherwise it'll ignore it.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Still cant find it. But ive just discovered that not all of Flixsters downloaded digital copies are actual digital copies! They are just links to stream the movie. Bit of a con if you ask me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.