Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
My iPad 2 hasn't been charging properly - it's plugged in all night but hasn't charged completely by morning, and last night it only made it from 10% to about 15%.

Today I cleaned the connectors (which was the problem last time this happened) and power cycled it. I checked after it'd been plugged in for seven hours, and it had only made it from 0 to 15%, and at 15% was displaying the "charged" icon instead of "charging." Then that disappeared, too, so that it looked like it wasn't plugged in at all, and now I can't get it to acknowledge when it's plugged in. I've tried a hard reset, as well as a couple different power outlets.

What else can I try?

Edit: Hm, I plugged it into my computer and not only didn't it charge, iTunes didn't notice it, either. So almost certainly a connector problem, not a battery problem. *whew!* Hopefully cleaning them better will help, if not I guess it's time to buy a new one. I just hope that the problem is with my power cord and not the connectors in the iPad itself - my toddler occasionally gets ahold of it and unplugs the power cord from it, if he damaged anything hopefully it was on the easily-replaceable end.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.