Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:40 PM   #1
TheGreatWumpus
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatWumpus Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatWumpus Send a message via Skype™ to TheGreatWumpus
The Great Borderlands 2 DLC Contest!

I have 15 STEAM DLC codes to give away from Aspyr, 5 for the Mechomancer, 5 for Pirate Booty, and 5 for Mr. Torgue's Campaign of carnage.

To win one of these codes, post a screenshot of your favorite loot or character, and say why!

You may request a specific DLC code if you already own one of the packs. If not it will be randomized. Please note only one DLC code will be given per person.

I will tally things up and give them out in the next few days or the week as needed.

Thanks to Aspyr for all these great DLC codes!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2
ScottishCaptain
macrumors 6502a

This gun has saved my ass way too many times to count.

After all my other ammo has been expended and there's nowhere left to run, equip this bad boy, hold down the trigger, and pray. I've got bigger badder weapons, but the infinite ammo/no ammo requirement on this one makes it worth the inventory space as a backup when everything else is out.

Looking for a Torgue code, I already own the other two.

EDIT: Please remove me from the contest. I landed up buying Torgue's Campaign, which means I have everything BL2 related. Thanks.

-SC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cinfinity.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	390095  

Last edited by ScottishCaptain; Jan 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM.
ScottishCaptain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:21 PM   #3
tredstone
macrumors regular

I'm going to go with the Large Bunny. Why? Because in an epic clash with Hyperius the Invincible, I was incapped and [] close to dying, but because the this gun gets tossed and explodes like a grenade on reloading, we both died simultaneously and I managed to get all the loot for beating him after respawning.

As for DLC preference, I'd go for Torgue's Campaign of Carnage!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013-01-13_00002.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	390102  
tredstone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:03 AM   #4
Blondie :)
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to Blondie :) Send a message via Skype™ to Blondie :)
My favorite character so far is the assassin. My main reason is for the deception skill. Go running into some serious business, throw deception, and run like hell. The sniping skills are also really nice!

edit: I don't own any of the DLC packs, so any will be marvelous!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 1.00.55 AM.png
Views:	19
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	390177  
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:50 AM   #5
bwhinnen
macrumors regular

Firstly thanks for the offer. Secondly if chosen I don't mind which as I don't have any of the DLC packs yet, I was looking at the Mechromancer as the next one, but any would be great!

I'll submit two as I'm new to the game I don't have a great selection of weapons yet (level 22 presently).

Thumb resize.

I like playing Axton (or George as I call him, think George of the Jungle ) due to the support I can get with the turret when cleaning up the support crew for the bosses. It really helps and allows me to concentrate on critical hits.

Thumb resize.

I tend to favour the sniper rifles a bit as I like ranged combat (I also have one with +180% critical hit damage that is great for Constructors when their shields are down), but for mop up work I do like Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch, I just wish the magazine cap was a little larger and dealt a little more initial damage

Last edited by bwhinnen; Jan 14, 2013 at 02:50 AM. Reason: timg
bwhinnen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:31 AM   #6
beerijuana
macrumors newbie

So far my fave character is Gaige. The interesting and often odd skilltree, as well as the great comments are off-the-wall kinda' fun. The DT skill has come in handy as well.

I have the Season Pass as well as (obviously) the Mechromancer DLC, but a code for Mechromancer would be a nice surprise for my step-daughter, who is a lot like Gaige in some ways.

Nice move on Aspyr's part to offer these up.

Those looking for other Mac vault-hunters to play co-op with, should join the *new* BL2/Mac group on Steam (558 members so far):
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BordelandsMac

Last edited by beerijuana; Jan 14, 2013 at 07:40 AM.
beerijuana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:04 AM   #7
FlatlinerG
macrumors 6502a

Have to say it's Axton, commando class. The sentry gun is like a second man for those times when none of your friends are online to play. On top of that, when they are on to play, it's like a 3rd/4th/5th man!

I can't say how many times I've almost died but then launched the sentry, hid behind some rocks, and let my health and armour regenerate while the sentry did all the work for me.

Looking for any/all of the DLC codes. I could only afford the game itself while it was on sale on Steam over the holidays. Thanks!
...and many more.
FlatlinerG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:06 PM   #8
Blondie :)
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to Blondie :) Send a message via Skype™ to Blondie :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerijuana View Post
Those looking for other Mac vault-hunters to play co-op with, should join the *new* BL2/Mac group on Steam (558 members so far):
Thanks for the tip! I'm part of another group that has around 200 members so far, but over 500 is definitely nice.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Yujenisis
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Yujenisis

It may be cliché, but my favorite character is Handsome Jack. Despite being the main antagonist, he's your constant companion throughout the game.

I have never enjoyed being berated and taunted by an NPC more in my life. Also, he has a Diamond Pony

Thank you for your consideration!

Edit: If I am selected, I already own the Mechromancer Pack. Anything else is fair game!

Last edited by Yujenisis; Jan 16, 2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Added edit above.
Yujenisis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 AM   #10
Schranke
macrumors regular

Thx for the tip about the steam group.
Havent played that much since it have been hard to find people to play with...
Might see if i have the time during the next couple of days, would be nice to get back into the game.
Im in with FlatlinerG on Axtor.
love the turret and prove itself useful often.
Drop, hide, snipe!

Have the Mechromancer pack and and pirate booty.
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of carnage would be nice though
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:42 AM   #11
TheGreatWumpus
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatWumpus Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatWumpus Send a message via Skype™ to TheGreatWumpus
Okay, codes sent out to everyone, excluding the person who said he bought it. :P

Still have 8 more DLC codes people! Keep those entries coming
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:47 PM   #12
jordanv
macrumors newbie

Super loot! I Love this game!

I must say I was getting quite bored of farming, I mean ya when you first start doing it and find awesome items when you fought so hard to get it is an amazing feeling, however when you do it enough the same items pop out of enemies and it just gets redundant after a while. Well I joined a raiding party and the host said he wanted to spice things up. We were going on an epic long raid for those who don't have DLC's making it more fun for us. He stated that if we fought through The Warrior 4 times, killed Terramorphis 4 times, and killed 4 Vermivorous' that we would receive an epic loot at the end. This was VERY difficult and we played for probably 4 to 6 hours straight, but it was SOO fun and my goodness was it worth it! Brought that feeling back and also many other aspects of this game which makes it one of my favorites, honestly received most of my weapons from this raid!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Contest entry.png
Views:	62
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	391440  
jordanv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:46 PM   #13
Towelie1288
macrumors regular

just started playing borderlands 2 and i am lovin it
its super badass love all the loot and funny robots
great writing in this game so far
Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 2.39.46 PM

keep saying upload failed??
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:34 PM   #14
kormoc
macrumors newbie

Gunzerker!

Nothing like running into trouble and being the only thing left standing!

I'm in need of a Mechomancer code.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gunzerker.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	391470  

Last edited by kormoc; Jan 20, 2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Screenshot failed?
kormoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:59 PM   #15
wtjoeng
macrumors newbie

The Guardian Angel

I think a lot of people tend to forget about her, but my favorite character would have to be Angel. She's your companion for a good portion of the game, and her background makes you want to feel sorry for her. Her last actions to help you fight Jack and to atone for what she's done really made me feel that I had another, more personal reason to defeat Jack. This sounds really vague, I know, but I'm trying not to put up spoilers just in case there's someone here who hasn't gone through the game yet. Oh, another reason why I like her is because she's a Siren, and Sirens are awesome.

If I do get a code (hopefully) I would be grateful to accept whichever code I get, since I don't own any. However, I am quite curious to try out playing as the Mechromancer.
wtjoeng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:36 PM   #16
Towelie1288
macrumors regular

yay i figured it out my badass character
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 2.39.46 PM.png
Views:	25
Size:	669.9 KB
ID:	391539  
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:02 AM   #17
TheGreatWumpus
macrumors regular

Codes sent out to Towelie, Jordanv and wtjoeng. Have fun guys!

Kormoc, you have no message or email things setup so I am unable to send you a code. Change your user settings and post back here when you have so I can give you a code.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:06 AM   #18
Towelie1288
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatWumpus View Post
Codes sent out to Towelie, Jordanv and wtjoeng. Have fun guys!

Kormoc, you have no message or email things setup so I am unable to send you a code. Change your user settings and post back here when you have so I can give you a code.

thank you very much
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:46 PM   #19
BillyBobBongo
macrumors 68000

I can't help but love my Assassin. Nothing better than an hour or two late at night tucked up tightly behind my sniper rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerijuana View Post
Thanks for the tip!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	assassin.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	269.1 KB
ID:	391685  
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:00 PM   #20
Vezda
macrumors newbie

Z3r0 t3h 1337 4ss4ss1n

By far, Zer0 has got to be my favorite character. Although, he is the only character I have played, so there may be a little bias towards him . But what's there not to like about him? He's basically some kind of cyborg-ninja-assassin who can deal huge amounts of damage with a sniper rifle from a distance or get up close and personal with his sword or a shotgun, all the while being invisible. Although I haven't tried it yet, his Cunning skill tree looks really interesting to play, especially when I've seen videos of people playing as him absolutely tearing things up with the Death Blossom skill. Plus, he speaks in freaking haiku.

If I do get a code, I'd like it to be Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, since I already have the Mechromancer Pack and Pirate Booty.

This is my Zer0, looking all awesome in his purple gear
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 3.26.00 PM.png
Views:	17
Size:	952.0 KB
ID:	391734  

Last edited by Vezda; Jan 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM.
Vezda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:27 PM   #21
TheGreatWumpus
macrumors regular

Codes sent to Vezda and Billybob. Have fun guys!

I still have more codes to give away. Aspyr gave me lots of them. More entries!

Last edited by TheGreatWumpus; Jan 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM.
TheGreatWumpus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:36 AM   #22
TheGreatWumpus
macrumors regular

Lots of codes waiting to be given out..never thought it would be so hard to give away FREE game stuff :P
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:39 AM   #23
shoepatrol
macrumors newbie

had to jump on this just started playing borderlands and its a really cool and some free dlc ...yes please preferable the Mechromacer as i have purchased another one and that one looks interesting

oh and my favorite gun and it just looks sweet and it dominates lol

thank you
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Borderlands-2-Hammerlock’s-Big-Game-Hunt-weapon-images-6-600x300.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	392238  
shoepatrol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:14 AM   #24
PBGPowerbook
macrumors regular

I'm lev 35, only a bit through the 2nd playthrough. On the first go-round, my favorite was this Scout, a caustic Dahl.

Now that all the old guns are useless in True Vault Hunter mode, this burning pistol is good, reminds me of the Maliwan Firehawk from the first game.

Haven't found any crazy good guns yet, still looking...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scout.png
Views:	9
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	392261   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp.png
Views:	9
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	392262  
PBGPowerbook is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:03 AM   #25
TheGreatWumpus
macrumors regular

Powerbook I PM'ed you about a code preference.

shoe patrol you have to edit your settings so I can send you an email or private message, otherwise can't get a code to you.

Billybog I PM'ed you back just now so let me know.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games