Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
I have 15 STEAM DLC codes to give away from Aspyr, 5 for the Mechomancer, 5 for Pirate Booty, and 5 for Mr. Torgue's Campaign of carnage.

To win one of these codes, post a screenshot of your favorite loot or character, and say why!

You may request a specific DLC code if you already own one of the packs. If not it will be randomized. Please note only one DLC code will be given per person.

I will tally things up and give them out in the next few days or the week as needed.

Thanks to Aspyr for all these great DLC codes!

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
This gun has saved my ass way too many times to count.

After all my other ammo has been expended and there's nowhere left to run, equip this bad boy, hold down the trigger, and pray. I've got bigger badder weapons, but the infinite ammo/no ammo requirement on this one makes it worth the inventory space as a backup when everything else is out.

Looking for a Torgue code, I already own the other two.

EDIT: Please remove me from the contest. I landed up buying Torgue's Campaign, which means I have everything BL2 related. Thanks.

-SC

Attachments

• cinfinity.jpg
    cinfinity.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 1,664
Last edited:

tredstone

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
I'm going to go with the Large Bunny. Why? Because in an epic clash with Hyperius the Invincible, I was incapped and [] close to dying, but because the this gun gets tossed and explodes like a grenade on reloading, we both died simultaneously and I managed to get all the loot for beating him after respawning. :D

As for DLC preference, I'd go for Torgue's Campaign of Carnage!

Attachments

• 2013-01-13_00002.jpg
    2013-01-13_00002.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 254

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ
My favorite character so far is the assassin. My main reason is for the deception skill. Go running into some serious business, throw deception, and run like hell. The sniping skills are also really nice!

edit: I don't own any of the DLC packs, so any will be marvelous!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 1.00.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-14 at 1.00.55 AM.png
    404.8 KB · Views: 244

bwhinnen

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
McKinney
Firstly thanks for the offer. Secondly if chosen I don't mind which as I don't have any of the DLC packs yet, I was looking at the Mechromancer as the next one, but any would be great!

I'll submit two as I'm new to the game I don't have a great selection of weapons yet (level 22 presently).

Commando.jpg

I like playing Axton (or George as I call him, think George of the Jungle :)) due to the support I can get with the turret when cleaning up the support crew for the bosses. It really helps and allows me to concentrate on critical hits.

Commando%20-%20weapons.jpg

I tend to favour the sniper rifles a bit as I like ranged combat (I also have one with +180% critical hit damage that is great for Constructors when their shields are down), but for mop up work I do like Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch, I just wish the magazine cap was a little larger and dealt a little more initial damage :)

Last edited:
flbloi.jpg

So far my fave character is Gaige. The interesting and often odd skilltree, as well as the great comments are off-the-wall kinda' fun. The DT skill has come in handy as well.

I have the Season Pass as well as (obviously) the Mechromancer DLC, but a code for Mechromancer would be a nice surprise for my step-daughter, who is a lot like Gaige in some ways.

Nice move on Aspyr's part to offer these up.

Those looking for other Mac vault-hunters to play co-op with, should join the *new* BL2/Mac group on Steam (558 members so far):
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BordelandsMac

Last edited:

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
borderlands-2-commando-guide-axton-brings-out-the-big-guns.jpg

Have to say it's Axton, commando class. The sentry gun is like a second man for those times when none of your friends are online to play. On top of that, when they are on to play, it's like a 3rd/4th/5th man! :D

I can't say how many times I've almost died but then launched the sentry, hid behind some rocks, and let my health and armour regenerate while the sentry did all the work for me.

Looking for any/all of the DLC codes. I could only afford the game itself while it was on sale on Steam over the holidays. Thanks!

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
handsome-jack-in-game.jpeg

It may be cliché, but my favorite character is Handsome Jack. Despite being the main antagonist, he's your constant companion throughout the game.

I have never enjoyed being berated and taunted by an NPC more in my life. Also, he has a Diamond Pony

Thank you for your consideration!

Edit: If I am selected, I already own the Mechromancer Pack. Anything else is fair game!

Last edited:

Schranke

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thx for the tip about the steam group.
Havent played that much since it have been hard to find people to play with...
Might see if i have the time during the next couple of days, would be nice to get back into the game.
Im in with FlatlinerG on Axtor.
love the turret and prove itself useful often.
Drop, hide, snipe!
49520_screenshots_2012-09-25_00038.jpg

Have the Mechromancer pack and and pirate booty.
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of carnage would be nice though :)

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Okay, codes sent out to everyone, excluding the person who said he bought it. :p

Still have 8 more DLC codes people! Keep those entries coming :)

jordanv

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Super loot! I Love this game!

I must say I was getting quite bored of farming, I mean ya when you first start doing it and find awesome items when you fought so hard to get it is an amazing feeling, however when you do it enough the same items pop out of enemies and it just gets redundant after a while. Well I joined a raiding party and the host said he wanted to spice things up. We were going on an epic long raid for those who don't have DLC's making it more fun for us. He stated that if we fought through The Warrior 4 times, killed Terramorphis 4 times, and killed 4 Vermivorous' that we would receive an epic loot at the end. This was VERY difficult and we played for probably 4 to 6 hours straight, but it was SOO fun and my goodness was it worth it! Brought that feeling back and also many other aspects of this game which makes it one of my favorites, honestly received most of my weapons from this raid!

Attachments

• Contest entry.png
    Contest entry.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 746

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
just started playing borderlands 2 and i am lovin it
its super badass love all the loot and funny robots
great writing in this game so far :D:cool:
Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 2.39.46 PM

keep saying upload failed??

kormoc

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Seattle
Gunzerker!

Nothing like running into trouble and being the only thing left standing! :)

I'm in need of a Mechomancer code.

Attachments

• gunzerker.jpeg
    gunzerker.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

wtjoeng

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Seattle, Washington
The Guardian Angel

hqdefault.jpg

I think a lot of people tend to forget about her, but my favorite character would have to be Angel. She's your companion for a good portion of the game, and her background makes you want to feel sorry for her. Her last actions to help you fight Jack and to atone for what she's done really made me feel that I had another, more personal reason to defeat Jack. This sounds really vague, I know, but I'm trying not to put up spoilers just in case there's someone here who hasn't gone through the game yet. Oh, another reason why I like her is because she's a Siren, and Sirens are awesome.

If I do get a code (hopefully) I would be grateful to accept whichever code I get, since I don't own any. However, I am quite curious to try out playing as the Mechromancer.

Towelie1288

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2012
Texas
yay i figured it out my badass character

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 2.39.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 2.39.46 PM.png
    669.9 KB · Views: 224

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Codes sent out to Towelie, Jordanv and wtjoeng. Have fun guys!

Kormoc, you have no message or email things setup so I am unable to send you a code. Change your user settings and post back here when you have so I can give you a code.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!

Attachments

• assassin.jpg
    assassin.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 238

Vezda

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Houston, Texas
Z3r0 t3h 1337 4ss4ss1n

By far, Zer0 has got to be my favorite character. Although, he is the only character I have played, so there may be a little bias towards him ;). But what's there not to like about him? He's basically some kind of cyborg-ninja-assassin who can deal huge amounts of damage with a sniper rifle from a distance or get up close and personal with his sword or a shotgun, all the while being invisible. Although I haven't tried it yet, his Cunning skill tree looks really interesting to play, especially when I've seen videos of people playing as him absolutely tearing things up with the Death Blossom skill. Plus, he speaks in freaking haiku.

If I do get a code, I'd like it to be Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, since I already have the Mechromancer Pack and Pirate Booty.

This is my Zer0, looking all awesome in his purple gear :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 3.26.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-21 at 3.26.00 PM.png
    952 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Codes sent to Vezda and Billybob. Have fun guys!

I still have more codes to give away. Aspyr gave me lots of them. More entries! ;)

Last edited:

shoepatrol

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
had to jump on this just started playing borderlands and its a really cool and some free dlc ...yes please :D preferable the Mechromacer as i have purchased another one and that one looks interesting

oh and my favorite gun and it just looks sweet and it dominates lol

thank you

Attachments

• Borderlands-2-Hammerlock’s-Big-Game-Hunt-weapon-images-6-600x300.jpg
    Borderlands-2-Hammerlock’s-Big-Game-Hunt-weapon-images-6-600x300.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,320

PBGPowerbook

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
I'm lev 35, only a bit through the 2nd playthrough. On the first go-round, my favorite was this Scout, a caustic Dahl.

Now that all the old guns are useless in True Vault Hunter mode, this burning pistol is good, reminds me of the Maliwan Firehawk from the first game.

Haven't found any crazy good guns yet, still looking...

Attachments

• scout.png
    scout.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 187
  • tmp.png
    tmp.png
    275 KB · Views: 176

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Powerbook I PM'ed you about a code preference.

shoe patrol you have to edit your settings so I can send you an email or private message, otherwise can't get a code to you.

Billybog I PM'ed you back just now so let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.