Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1
kpress3
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
iPhone 5 not syncing all checked songs in iTunes

I have 1708 songs checked in my iTunes that should sync to my phone, but only 793 actually sync (even after a restore). What is going on, and how can it be fixed?
__________________
 iPhone 5  iPad  3rd Gen iPod  15" Retina Display Macbook Pro
kpress3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:10 AM   #2
vastoholic
macrumors 68000
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpress3 View Post
I have 1708 songs checked in my iTunes that should sync to my phone, but only 793 actually sync (even after a restore). What is going on, and how can it be fixed?
It could be a variety of things. Songs might be incorrect format or too high of quality for starters. Do you get any sort of error message when you sync? Look through the info of the songs that aren't syncing and see if you see some sort of pattern.
__________________
View my flickr sets....if you want. They're not too exciting.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3
kpress3
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
It could be a variety of things. Songs might be incorrect format or too high of quality for starters. Do you get any sort of error message when you sync? Look through the info of the songs that aren't syncing and see if you see some sort of pattern.
I had all my songs on my phone since I got it for Christmas, then one day it synced and it only had 793 songs on it. No error comes up when I sync. When it first happened, my iPhone Summary tab said there were 1708 songs on my phone when there wasn't, but now it says 793 even though I have 1708 songs checked.
__________________
 iPhone 5  iPad  3rd Gen iPod  15" Retina Display Macbook Pro
kpress3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:32 AM   #4
vastoholic
macrumors 68000
 
vastoholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpress3 View Post
I had all my songs on my phone since I got it for Christmas, then one day it synced and it only had 793 songs on it. No error comes up when I sync. When it first happened, my iPhone Summary tab said there were 1708 songs on my phone when there wasn't, but now it says 793 even though I have 1708 songs checked.
Wow. That is a new one on me. I'm definitely not an expert on iTunes. Have you tried emailing apple customer support yet? Or talking to them in some way shape or form, at least until you find someone on here who knows what they are talking about.
__________________
View my flickr sets....if you want. They're not too exciting.
vastoholic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:34 AM   #5
kpress3
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Not yet, I was just seeing if anyone knew what to do before I contacted Apple. This is so frustrating.
__________________
 iPhone 5  iPad  3rd Gen iPod  15" Retina Display Macbook Pro
kpress3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Format
Space
Corrupt files

could all be causes. Try manually syncing and see what happens.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:07 PM   #7
kpress3
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
Format
Space
Corrupt files

could all be causes. Try manually syncing and see what happens.
What do you mean by "manually syncing?"
kpress3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:13 PM   #8
NewAnger
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver Colorado
I had the same thing happen about a year ago with my 4S. I had 156 music videos that I wanted to sync. Only about 100 of them would actually sync even though I had them in a playlist and synced the playlist. Switching user accounts and creating the same exact playlist got all the videos to sync. Deleting the playlist and creating a new one didn't help.

The same exact playlist on another Mac would sync all 156 videos.

I never did figure out what the problem was, it never made sense
NewAnger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:23 PM   #9
Ajones330
macrumors 6502a
 
Ajones330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SEC Country
Sounds like it could be those particular files. Remove all the music off and try to sync the music that would not go onto the phone. It should give you some sort of error if it will not sync.
__________________
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker

13" MBP l 13" MB l iPhone 5S Gold Jailbroken 64GB l
Ajones330 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2013, 02:15 AM   #10
Howard Ellacott
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I found that if you went into the "On this iPhone" tab in iTunes they files would show up, so iTunes thinks they're already there! If you select "manually manage music and video", go onto the" On this iPhone" tab and delete the files iTunes won't think they're on the phone. Then manually dragging the files onto the phone forced them to sync. Just turn off manually manage music, and all will be sorted! This worked on my 4S.
Howard Ellacott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:03 AM   #11
JG00D
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
In my case it had to do with file type. I used audible (free audio editing software) to convert the file to MP3 format.
JG00D is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2013, 09:50 AM   #12
hughejd
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Ellacott View Post
I found that if you went into the "On this iPhone" tab in iTunes they files would show up, so iTunes thinks they're already there! If you select "manually manage music and video", go onto the" On this iPhone" tab and delete the files iTunes won't think they're on the phone. Then manually dragging the files onto the phone forced them to sync. Just turn off manually manage music, and all will be sorted! This worked on my 4S.
I just found this thread, as I was having this same problem. All of my songs were on my iPhone 4, but when I bought my new iPhone 5 and synced it with the same iTunes library on my Mac, only about 1/3 of the songs were on my iPhone. As you experienced, iTunes thought all of the songs were there. The first thing I tried was to uncheck my playlists in iTunes and resync, thinking all the songs would be removed from my phone, but when I looked, they were still there. Next I manually cleared all of my playlists on my phone, rechecked them in iTunes, and synced again. That did the trick...I'm not sure why it worked, but it did.
hughejd is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues syncing songs on iTunes jordancrombie92 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 6 Nov 4, 2013 04:21 AM
iTunes 11 - how to I sync only CHECKED songs geoffhanley iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Sep 28, 2013 07:49 AM
How to put songs into itunes library without losing checked songs etc Scorpia Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Sep 27, 2013 08:31 AM
Help with syncing songs from iTunes to iPhone 5 mjoshi123 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 1 Jan 11, 2013 10:28 AM
iTunes keeps re-syncing all 634 of my songs RiseDarthVader iPhone 4 Aug 14, 2012 10:38 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC