|Jan 14, 2013, 10:31 AM||#1|
No sound in Mail, can't figure it out
I'm running 10.8.2 on a 2011 MBP17. I'm not sure when this started, but Mail gives me NO sound. Not the New Mail sound, not the ding when I check mail, the Sent Mail swoosh...all gone. Nothing.
I read about it happening for people where the sounds work fine, but after the computer wakes up from sleep, their gone. Not the case here. Even after a restart, still nothing.
Here's what I've checked:
- Mail settings - New Messages Sound is selected. Even tried other sounds.
- Use IDLE command is checked. I read that this was a problem for some, but not an issue.
- Repaired Disk Permissions.
- Notifications Center has the proper settings for the sound alert
- Audio Midi Setup. Read a fix about opening that app, changing the format and back again, which should cause all backed-up sounds to play. Didn't work for me.
- Did a force quit on coreaudiod in Activity Monitor, which I heard can work. Didn't.
- I don't have Power Nap on this machine, so that's not the issue (was for some)
I do get audio from audio attachments, for what that's worth. But I've tried everything I could find on the issue.
Anyone have a similar problem and come up with a solution?
iMac 2.8GHz/4GB RAM; Mac Mini 1.83GHz/1 GB RAM; iPhone 3G; MBP 2.33GHz/2GB RAM (work)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How can I figure out which program is making a sound||nayaneferreira||Mac Basics and Help||5||Nov 18, 2013 01:34 PM|
|Mail.app: New mail sound but no new mail||Vandal.||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion||0||Jan 21, 2013 06:56 PM|
|Mail.app not play sound when have new mail||Hasn'tbeensober||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||5||Jan 9, 2013 08:42 AM|
|Mail Swoosh Sound||apb89||iOS 6||2||Sep 24, 2012 05:54 PM|
|ML no sound for new mail||radu.valeriu||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||4||Aug 24, 2012 10:17 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.