Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duffinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
130 miles NE of Cupertino

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach
Thanks. How tight does that hold the phone? Would it fall out giggling around?

IMO, it can handle a fair amount of giggling around. I sometimes use it with my x shot when I make videos riding my skateboard. Initially, I was scared my iphone would fall off, but I've used it enough that I don't really worry about it anymore.

Duffinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I have the Glif + by StudioNeat.
I would recommend upgrading to the + (plus) version in your situation. It's a very good tripod mount, fits very tight.

http://www.studioneat.com/products/glif
Thanks, I saw that earlier but it's minimilist design scared me off. I see on their website they are using it on a mountain bike so it should work fine. I'll give it a few more days to see if a better solution is found and if not I'll order one.

Duffinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I used a diff case in my car for track days with my iPhone 4. They don't yet have one for the iPhone 5, but it's what I'm planning on getting again.

http://www.diffcase.com/DiffCase.html
That looks impressive and very robust compared to the SnapMount I had for my iP4. I have a couple of track days scheduled for President's Day weekend so I need to find something soon. Any idea when they will release the iP5 version?

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Unfortunately I have no idea. I suspect they would answer you quickly if you inquire. Please update if you find out.

Duffinator

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I ordered the Glif+ and it looks like it will hold my phone very tight. In fact it's a pretty impressive minimalist design. I'll report back on how it works at the track in a few weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.