Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigsb007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
Guys,

i am new at itune 11, my problem is , if i click on "Album" , i dont see my songs organised by Album..

So, i have 100 songs , and i have assigned Album name "XYZ" for those 100 songs.
Now in itune, its showin 100 different album icons.

how do i make 1 icon, and when i click on it, it shows my 100 songs for that album.

currently, under album, i can see just like "see all songs"

please help..

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
iTunes uses 4 fields to determine which albums sort together:
  • Album
  • Album Artist
  • Sort Album
  • Sort Album Artist
As long as all tracks have matching information in those tags, the album will sort together. So for albums with various artists, put the individual artist name in the Artist field, and put "Various Artists" in the Album Artist and Sort Album Artist fields. The album will sort together. If it doesn't work initially, remove the album from your library and re-add it.

jigsb007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
iTunes uses 4 fields to determine which albums sort together:
  • Album
  • Album Artist
  • Sort Album
  • Sort Album Artist
As long as all tracks have matching information in those tags, the album will sort together. So for albums with various artists, put the individual artist name in the Artist field, and put "Various Artists" in the Album Artist and Sort Album Artist fields. The album will sort together. If it doesn't work initially, remove the album from your library and re-add it.

Thanks, it worked..
But, now say if i remove those album ( Mp3 files ) from itune, and later on reinsert those, then again i will have to do this tedious job ?
Is there a way to assign those changes at the file level , so next time ( incase if i have to format HDD and say i dotn have backup ) i can blindly select all folders and it organize automatically ? in itune ?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks, it worked..
But, now say if i remove those album ( Mp3 files ) from itune, and later on reinsert those, then again i will have to do this tedious job ?
Is there a way to assign those changes at the file level , so next time ( incase if i have to format HDD and say i dotn have backup ) i can blindly select all folders and it organize automatically ? in itune ?
Those fields are stored in the files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.