Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1
JeffiJers
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.
Help me adapt iTunes podcasts to my Android

Verizon S3 w Vanilla 4.1

New to the OSX world and just introduced to podcasts that itunes offered. Feel like i cant live without them now.

Searched and havent come up with anything solid..

What app or what can i do to get the itunes podcasts on my android device?

Thank you and sorry if this has been gone over, i havent found the simple answer or application
JeffiJers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:40 PM   #2
N0ddie
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Glasgow
Google "Easy Phone Sync". Allows you to use iTunes to sync music, podcasts etc that u have in iTunes.
__________________
27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 1TB HDD+ 256Gb SSD; iPad Air 128Gb; iPad 2, 64Gb; iPad Mini 16Gb; iPod Touch, 16Gb; Apple TV 3; Blue iPhone 5C 32Gb
N0ddie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Fernandez21
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
What I used was an app called "dogcatcher" for android and subscribed to all my podcasts there. It's nice cause you don't have to worry about syncing to your computer and it will automatically update your podcasts when your on wifi.

As for music I just imported everything to google music, and set it up to sync with my iTunes music folder so if I buy new music through iTunes it automatically uploads it to google music.
Fernandez21 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:20 PM   #4
jrswizzle
macrumors 603
 
jrswizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: McKinney, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez21 View Post
What I used was an app called "dogcatcher" for android and subscribed to all my podcasts there. It's nice cause you don't have to worry about syncing to your computer and it will automatically update your podcasts when your on wifi.

As for music I just imported everything to google music, and set it up to sync with my iTunes music folder so if I buy new music through iTunes it automatically uploads it to google music.
I did the same thing for my music when I had my Nexus 7 - took forever then, but I'd assume now that it matches as opposed to uploading everything, it would be a lot quicker. Works well.
__________________
Nexus 5 | iPhone 6+, 6, 5S, 2G | Lumia 520, 635 | iPad Air | Kindle Fire 7" HDX
"Innovation, my ass!" -Phil Schiller
jrswizzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:01 PM   #5
tbayrgs
macrumors 68040
 
tbayrgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Don't listen to a ton of podcasts but when I do, doubleTwist has done he job for me. I don't sync but rather download directly to my phone.
tbayrgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:01 PM   #6
JeffiJers
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ddie View Post
Google "Easy Phone Sync". Allows you to use iTunes to sync music, podcasts etc that u have in iTunes.

This works great, thank you!

Question, for your IOS guys... does the iphone have itunes right on the phone so you can get the latest and greatest right there?

I am not an android guy nor an iphone guy, just need something that work from me.

I wish the iphone could tether with my unlimited data verizon..
JeffiJers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:25 PM   #7
adnbek
macrumors 65816
 
adnbek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffiJers View Post
This works great, thank you!

Question, for your IOS guys... does the iphone have itunes right on the phone so you can get the latest and greatest right there?
Yes. Anything in the iTunes store is accessible and can be downloaded directly by an iPhone/iPad.
adnbek is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 PM   #8
JeffiJers
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adnbek View Post
Yes. Anything in the iTunes store is accessible and can be downloaded directly by an iPhone/iPad.
Thank you
JeffiJers is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iTunes 11.2 Podcasts changes mattspace Mac Applications and Mac App Store 10 Jul 28, 2014 11:32 PM
Browsing iTunes Store, Podcasts & iTunes U phillytim Apple TV and Home Theater 5 Jul 21, 2014 11:37 AM
Are Podcasts supposed to sync between iTunes and Podcasts app? jason.siegel Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Jan 15, 2014 12:56 PM
App to sync podcasts between Android and iOS TheMTtakeover Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 5 Dec 14, 2013 04:39 AM
iTunes and Podcasts JCstudios Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Mar 1, 2013 11:55 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC