Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1
JeffiJers
macrumors 6502a

Help me adapt iTunes podcasts to my Android

Verizon S3 w Vanilla 4.1

New to the OSX world and just introduced to podcasts that itunes offered. Feel like i cant live without them now.

Searched and havent come up with anything solid..

What app or what can i do to get the itunes podcasts on my android device?

Thank you and sorry if this has been gone over, i havent found the simple answer or application
JeffiJers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:40 PM   #2
N0ddie
macrumors regular

Google "Easy Phone Sync". Allows you to use iTunes to sync music, podcasts etc that u have in iTunes.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Fernandez21
macrumors 68000

What I used was an app called "dogcatcher" for android and subscribed to all my podcasts there. It's nice cause you don't have to worry about syncing to your computer and it will automatically update your podcasts when your on wifi.

As for music I just imported everything to google music, and set it up to sync with my iTunes music folder so if I buy new music through iTunes it automatically uploads it to google music.
Fernandez21 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:20 PM   #4
jrswizzle
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez21 View Post
What I used was an app called "dogcatcher" for android and subscribed to all my podcasts there. It's nice cause you don't have to worry about syncing to your computer and it will automatically update your podcasts when your on wifi.

As for music I just imported everything to google music, and set it up to sync with my iTunes music folder so if I buy new music through iTunes it automatically uploads it to google music.
I did the same thing for my music when I had my Nexus 7 - took forever then, but I'd assume now that it matches as opposed to uploading everything, it would be a lot quicker. Works well.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:01 PM   #5
tbayrgs
macrumors 68040

Don't listen to a ton of podcasts but when I do, doubleTwist has done he job for me. I don't sync but rather download directly to my phone.
tbayrgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:01 PM   #6
JeffiJers
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ddie View Post
Google "Easy Phone Sync". Allows you to use iTunes to sync music, podcasts etc that u have in iTunes.

This works great, thank you!

Question, for your IOS guys... does the iphone have itunes right on the phone so you can get the latest and greatest right there?

I am not an android guy nor an iphone guy, just need something that work from me.

I wish the iphone could tether with my unlimited data verizon..
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:25 PM   #7
adnbek
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffiJers View Post
This works great, thank you!

Question, for your IOS guys... does the iphone have itunes right on the phone so you can get the latest and greatest right there?
Yes. Anything in the iTunes store is accessible and can be downloaded directly by an iPhone/iPad.
adnbek is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:41 PM   #8
JeffiJers
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnbek View Post
Yes. Anything in the iTunes store is accessible and can be downloaded directly by an iPhone/iPad.
Thank you

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices