Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:55 PM   #1
Narked Diver
macrumors newbie

Can I restrict a device so that it can access my network but not the internet?

An odd question I know but I would like to allow someone to access my network so that they can stream music from their iPhone to speakers on an airport express but I don't want them to have access to the internet (or any of the other devices on the network)

I am running the latest version of mavericks server and have an AirPort Extreme and an airport express providing the wifi network

Thanks in advance
Narked Diver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2014, 03:08 PM   #2
unplugme71
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narked Diver View Post
An odd question I know but I would like to allow someone to access my network so that they can stream music from their iPhone to speakers on an airport express but I don't want them to have access to the internet (or any of the other devices on the network)

I am running the latest version of mavericks server and have an AirPort Extreme and an airport express providing the wifi network

Thanks in advance
Not sure how to do it with AE. But if you used a different router/appliance that supports filtering, you totally can.

You can do web, email, and application filtering (ie, block certain web sites, remove email attachments automatically that contain spam or not, and block internet access for applications like pandora, bittorrent, real player, etc).
unplugme71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking