Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:41 PM   #101
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppliedMicro View Post
Apple "casts" their Store sales people by looking out for people having "the right vibe" more than looking at anything else. Basically, your looks and behavior are more important than previous experience.
LOL - form over function again.

Love the word "cast" - doesn't Disney call many of its theme park employees "cast members"? ( http://disneylandcastmembers.tumblr.com/ )

I guess it helps to explain those disastrous "genius" commercials during the Olympics - the guy was really cute, but no other redeeming value.

Last edited by AidenShaw; Jan 17, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
AidenShaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:12 PM   #102
geertfasseur
macrumors newbie

No problems in Belgium

I didn't had a problem when my mac was almost 20 months old. Repaired free.
Test aankoop is trying to profile itself and get more readers.
geertfasseur is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:06 AM   #103
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiga View Post
Is this real? Do shops require you to prove the cause of failure? Did you ever go to court when a product failed under warranty?

I'm 40 now, and never, ever, in my lifetime was I told to prove anything when a product failed under warranty. Just go to the shop with the product, tell them the product failed, show them the warranty sheet, and never had a question from them. They'd send it for repair (or tell me the closest service facility otherwise), and that's it, free repair, case closed. No questions, no court, no whatever. At least this has been the way of doing things for these 40 years, but I'm talking from personal experience, of course.
That's because there is this general confusion here between "warranty" and "statutory rights". If you buy a Macintosh at PCWorld, just as an example, there are two companies involved: Apple and PCWorld. Apple gives you one year manufacturer's warranty. PCWorld as the seller is forced by law to give you statutory rights, which means they have to make sure that the product is as described and works for a reasonable amount of time.

If something breaks, you have the choice of going after the manufacturer and have the problem fixed under warranty, or to go after the seller and have the problem fixed according to your statutory rights. Warranties will usually cover you unless there is evidence that you (or another third party) broke the thing. With statutory rights, after six months you would have to prove that the item was defective when you received it. Most likely you never relied on your statutory rights.

So when you are out of warranty and have to rely on statutory rights, it depends on how hard-nosed the seller is. They can make life easy or make life hard. In the end it's not just about the repair, it is also about keeping a customer. And it's about the person asking for repair as well.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:38 AM   #104
MH01
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinevolvo View Post
Are European consumers generally uninformed misfits? I don't live in Europe and even I know about the 2 year warranty. Just another frivolous suit to line the pockets of lawyers.
Nah, problem is uninformed macrumor misfits, who know nothing about the situation, except from what they have read on macrumors. AKA they are aware there is a 2 year warranty and thats it.

Have a read here.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

That table and the conditions is about as clear as mud. Also referred to by apple as, your problem, you have to prove it existed at time of purchase, and don't talk to us but the seller. we are not interested..... geez look how awesome Apple care is, buy from us and we welcome you with open hands!!!

Not impressed that that table makes it look as though you have to purchase applecare at the start, though you have 12 months to do so.
MH01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion