Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Fontane
macrumors regular

Goodbye Google

I currently use Google for just about everything - email, calendar, contacts, etc.

For various reasons, I want to start using other products, but not have my data centralized in one place like it is now.

I'll likely be switching to Fastmail for email.

Any recommendations for calendar and contacts? I'm guessing that most here will recommend Apple/icloud, but I'm hoping to cast a wide net and get some good recommendations.

I use the iphone 5 and Macbook Air, but I also have a PC and have been playing with Linux a lot more. I would prefer not to be stuck in the Apple ecosystem.

Oh, and I don't want to use Zoho for anything.

Thanks!
Fontane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2
robanga
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
I currently use Google for just about everything - email, calendar, contacts, etc.

For various reasons, I want to start using other products, but not have my data centralized in one place like it is now.

I'll likely be switching to Fastmail for email.

Any recommendations for calendar and contacts? I'm guessing that most here will recommend Apple/icloud, but I'm hoping to cast a wide net and get some good recommendations.

I use the iphone 5 and Macbook Air, but I also have a PC and have been playing with Linux a lot more. I would prefer not to be stuck in the Apple ecosystem.

Oh, and I don't want to use Zoho for anything.

Thanks!
There is the Microsoft ecosystem...outlook.com, skydrive, etc.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion