Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Since Microsoft released windows phone 8, why do carriers still continue to sell windows phone 7 and why do consumers keep buying them? Any ideas?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Since Microsoft released windows phone 8, why do carriers still continue to sell windows phone 7 and why do consumers keep buying them? Any ideas?

I guess the same reason they still sell Ice Cream Sandwich phones or maybe even Gingerbread? Probably because they're cheaper at this point and some people can't afford to buy the latest and greatest.

MuffCabbage

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
Cheaper. Do they still do it in America? Or just developing countries?

Sent from my 8X using Board Express

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
That's what I was thinking. But Microsoft should allow them to update to windows phone 8 but with limited features like what apple does. Anyone agree?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
That's what I was thinking. But Microsoft should allow them to update to windows phone 8 but with limited features like what apple does. Anyone agree?

I'm sure everyone will agree provided it will be a better experience, i.e. no lag or breaking other features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.