Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1
jbigwood
macrumors newbie

Question iPod Touch 4G Help! Files deleted, won't boot up.

So i downloaded Ifile from cydia to see all my hidden files on the ipod and i accidentally DELETED an important folder called "stash". after i deleted the file, the ipod froze complety so i turned it off(reset it) and turn it back on and its stuck on the Apple logo screen. what should i do? and another worse thing is i'm using an LINUX computer so i cant use ITunes. even if there is a way to install ITUNES to linux, i dont have the admin password to install stuff. so is there a way to bypass the password aswell?

also the "stash" folder contain all apps
jbigwood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Redjericho
macrumors 6502a

Why in the hell did you delete the stash folder?

Your only hope is to find iTunes somewhere (a library or something?) and restore it.

Last edited by grapes911; Jan 20, 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: cleanup because response was made to now deleted post
Redjericho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:10 PM   #3
old-wiz
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjericho View Post

Your only hope is to find iTunes somewhere (a library or something?) and restore it.
More to the point, why go monkeying around in the file system if you don't know what you are doing?

Last edited by grapes911; Jan 20, 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Fixed quote from cleanup
old-wiz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:20 PM   #4
jbigwood
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjericho View Post

dame it it was an accident i droped the ipod and when i picked it up, i tap "delete"

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post
More to the point, why go monkeying around in the file system if you don't know what you are doing?
i know what i'm doing and i know what it's use for and how to use it. Why would i install an app that i'm clueless with?
jbigwood is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbigwood View Post
So i downloaded Ifile from cydia to see all my hidden files on the ipod and i accidentally DELETED an important folder called "stash". after i deleted the file, the ipod froze complety so i turned it off(reset it) and turn it back on and its stuck on the Apple logo screen. what should i do? and another worse thing is i'm using an LINUX computer so i cant use ITunes. even if there is a way to install ITUNES to linux, i dont have the admin password to install stuff. so is there a way to bypass the password aswell?

also the "stash" folder contain all apps
Probably the only thing you can do with the iPod Touch is a DFU restore. Which is going to require iTunes.

Abd as for a Linux box that you don't have a password for, that you need to take up with the owner of the box.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch