Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:57 AM   #1
p1ally
macrumors member

Upgrading iPhone while out of state?

My friend lives in AZ, and will be in MN when her upgrade date comes up next week. She has verizon. Will she be able to buy a 4S at Apple while she's in MN, or does she have to wait until she gets back to AZ?
p1ally is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:07 AM   #2
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

As long as she is primary on the account, and has her account info/photo ID, I don't think she'll have any problems.

When I worked at Apple, the store was in a touristy area, and we did upgrades for out of town folks all of the time. The only problem was when selling an iPhone with a new line of service to someone from outside of the area, as it would always pick a telephone number with an area code local to the store. Not sure if they fixed that yet.
aristobrat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:29 AM   #3
babens
macrumors member

Both of my iphone upgrades (from the original to the 3GS, and then to the 4S) were done while I was out of state. The billing address for the account is in Ohio. The 3GS I picked up at the Apple store at the Mall of America. The 4S I upgraded at a Radio Shack in Ann Arbor. At the Radio Shack they did say they weren't supposed to upgrade out of state accounts, but the girl did it for me anyway. However, that seemed to be a Radio Shack policy, as a co-worker had upgraded to the 4S a few weeks before at an Apple store in Illinois (his account had a New Jersey billing address) with no problems.
babens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Just curious, why do you or she think this would be a problem to do?
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone