Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:29 AM   #1
AppleMint
macrumors newbie

Can't play/download purchased or rented movies?

Hello all. I've had a problem for quite some time that I never solved. For some reason my Mac and iTunes has never worked right with movies.

If I were to rent one for example, the download bar changes to the familiar rotating candy-cane effect almost immediately, and then I a told to click to being watching the movie already.

Of course this doesn't work, and waiting for a lifetime has no effect.

I am curious if anyone were to know the exact problem here, I have tried everything and this one seems to beat me. A search on the net does not seem to bring this particular case up. I have already changed my ISP and that was no help. Everything is up to date.
AppleMint is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:41 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Did you ever try this out in a different User Account, if you don't have another User Account make one in Users And Groups and then log into that Account, if everything works there this points towards your normal User Account having issues, if it does not work either then the problem is system wide.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:53 AM   #3
AppleMint
macrumors newbie

Thanks Just, I did try that as well after other things failed, and I had the same problem. This just totally stumps me. If I use another computer on the network then there are no problems. After moving to another location the issue still exists.
AppleMint is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:16 AM   #4
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMint View Post
Thanks Just, I did try that as well after other things failed, and I had the same problem. This just totally stumps me. If I use another computer on the network then there are no problems. After moving to another location the issue still exists.
This is OS related and since it also happens on the other Account it's System wide, which means it is not in your Home Folder nor in other Users Home Folder.
There could be things inside the main Library Folder.

Do you have anything in:

/Library/LaunchAgents
/Library/LaunchDaemons
/Library/StartupItems

If you don't see the Library do this:

In Finder click on Go-Go To Folder... or Command-Shift-G, a pop up window appears and type /Library
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help