Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:45 AM   #1
bandrews
macrumors 6502

Can I use 30pin>Lightning Adapter for iPad Camera Connector?

As the title says, I have the old school 30pin camera connection kit for the iPad and wanted to know if I could use the lightning adapter to connect to a new iPad or if I've got to shell out on new ones - especially since you now have to buy USB and SD versions separately for the same price it cost for both of the old ones.

Cheers

**Sorry, ignore me, I've just found my answer - it appears the adapter does work ***
bandrews is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Yep, they work with the 30-pin adapters.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:16 AM   #3
zybersniper
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandrews View Post
As the title says, I have the old school 30pin camera connection kit for the iPad and wanted to know if I could use the lightning adapter to connect to a new iPad or if I've got to shell out on new ones - especially since you now have to buy USB and SD versions separately for the same price it cost for both of the old ones.

Cheers

**Sorry, ignore me, I've just found my answer - it appears the adapter does work ***
Yep, but ONLY for the iPads. Won't do anything on the iPhone. Unless you connect the iPhone to the iPad using the USB adapter to offload stuff on your iPhone to your iPad's photo library.
zybersniper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories