Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:35 AM   #1
daniel-shi
macrumors member

Get screen onto source output?

Hi, I want to stream to the internet, and I'm using Flash Media Live.. and sometimes instead of just streaming my Facetime camera, I want to stream whats happening on my screen.. is there any way to do this? As in download an add on etc? Please help me asap..

tyia
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:46 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Do you want everybody to see what you are up to or just a single person, you can use screen sharing and if you want to do this you have to enable this in The Sharing Preferences in System Preferences.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:00 AM   #3
daniel-shi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Do you want everybody to see what you are up to or just a single person, you can use screen sharing and if you want to do this you have to enable this in The Sharing Preferences in System Preferences.
No What I actually want to do is to be able to have my screen like an output source (e.g. isight camera)
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:08 AM   #4
justperry
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-shi View Post
No What I actually want to do is to be able to have my screen like an output source (e.g. isight camera)
Sorry if I misunderstand but it's still not clear, what do you want?
Output source, you mean like (physical) output towards a recording device?

Edit: Or is screen recording what you need?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:13 AM   #5
daniel-shi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Sorry if I misunderstand but it's still not clear, what do you want?
Output source, you mean like (physical) output towards a recording device?
Sorry about that! Ok. So lets say, to my stream viewers, I want them to see my screen - not my face (through facetime camera). Is it possible to select 'screen' or something as an output source or something to show my viewers? And no it has nothing to do with a recording device. Hopefully I'm more clear but please tell me if youre still confused
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:26 AM   #6
justperry
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-shi View Post
Sorry about that! Ok. So lets say, to my stream viewers, I want them to see my screen - not my face (through facetime camera). Is it possible to select 'screen' or something as an output source or something to show my viewers? And no it has nothing to do with a recording device. Hopefully I'm more clear but please tell me if youre still confused
Now it's clear, I thought I asked in my first post.

If those people are all on a computer you can use screen sharing for this.

I am not aware of other Apps and programs which allows you to output the screen.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
imac, stream