Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emt8q5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Got a bit of a conundrum here. I recently bought a new rMBP. before making the switch I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone an image of both my OSX and bootcamp partitions on my old MBP.

Thus far I've been unable to figure out how to get the Boocamp image onto my new machine, is this possible? I'd really like to avoid reinstalling win7 on my retina because it means I'll have to go buy a disc drive (windows won't install off usb stick as I understand it).

thanks in advance for any and all advice!

TCaracci

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Naperville
Got a bit of a conundrum here. I recently bought a new rMBP. before making the switch I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone an image of both my OSX and bootcamp partitions on my old MBP.

Thus far I've been unable to figure out how to get the Boocamp image onto my new machine, is this possible? I'd really like to avoid reinstalling win7 on my retina because it means I'll have to go buy a disc drive (windows won't install off usb stick as I understand it).

thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Take a look at winclone (http://twocanoes.com/winclone/).

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
I'll have to go buy a disc drive (windows won't install off usb stick as I understand it).

I just installed Windows 7 off a USB stick not 12 hours ago on my rMBP. Get an ISO image of the Windows 7 installer (find a download online) and go through the boot camp assistant to make a USB with it on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.