Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1
Nightshade
macrumors newbie

Batman Arkham City and Game Center

I play Batman Arkham City by Feral Interactive on my Macs.

On the MacMini it all works well and after starting the game the "Welcome back to Game Center" message pops up and the game uses the savegames stored online.

On my MacBookPro the game will not connect to game center, although the game center app does connect and although other game center enabled apps (e.g. chess) do connect to game center on startup.

I did try to un- and reinstall the game, deleted all settings, logged out and on to game center, logged in with another AppleID - nothing helped.

Anyone with a solution (as Feral does not react on my 2 requests)?

Thanx
Nightshade is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:05 PM   #2
edddeduck
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
I play Batman Arkham City by Feral Interactive on my Macs.

On the MacMini it all works well and after starting the game the "Welcome back to Game Center" message pops up and the game uses the savegames stored online.

On my MacBookPro the game will not connect to game center, although the game center app does connect and although other game center enabled apps (e.g. chess) do connect to game center on startup.

I did try to un- and reinstall the game, deleted all settings, logged out and on to game center, logged in with another AppleID - nothing helped.

Anyone with a solution (as Feral does not react on my 2 requests)?

Thanx
Nightshade you need to give us enough time to reply to your email. Looking at the queue I don't think you gave us much time before emailing again. We answer all our support emails (even the rude ones ) but from time to time we can take upto 48 hours to reply as we don't work weekends for example.

The issue is (as far as we can tell) with GameCenter servers is appears to be unreliable on certain machines/locations, it's tricky as we cannot debug issues before the game is released as you have to use a sandbox gamecenter server which acts slightly differently to the live server.

We are working on it and you should get some help via support soon.

Edwin
edddeduck is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games