Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1
tbluhp
macrumors 6502a

why is time capsule not doing a full system backup?

tbluhp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:16 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbluhp View Post
What makes you think it is not?

A default Time Machine setup with a Time Capsule does backup the full system unless you have added some folders to the exclusions pane.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:19 PM   #3
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Mine does, except for items that are specifically excluded; that's mostly cache folders and Xcode build folders. There are two possibilities: 1. Your understanding of "full system backup" is different than mine, so explain what you mean. 2. You excluded parts of your computer from Time Machine backups, and Time Machine does exactly what you told it to do.
gnasher729 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4
tbluhp
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
Mine does, except for items that are specifically excluded; that's mostly cache folders and Xcode build folders. There are two possibilities: 1. Your understanding of "full system backup" is different than mine, so explain what you mean. 2. You excluded parts of your computer from Time Machine backups, and Time Machine does exactly what you told it to do.
well it has worked in the past. I talked to a senior advicer and am going to Apple Store the person said could be time capsule hard drive may be failure. ALso the tech did a screen share. Though could it be my HD if failing? (Internal)

Also this same issue happens with me when doing a TM backup with an external disk (USB). No their is nothing excluded.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:27 AM   #5
tbluhp
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
well it has worked in the past. I talked to a senior advicer and am going to Apple Store the person said could be time capsule hard drive may be failure. ALso the tech did a screen share. Though could it be my HD if failing? (Internal)

Also this same issue happens with me when doing a TM backup with an external disk (USB). No their is nothing excluded.
well everything is back up and running want to apple store spent 3+ hours they did not even know what is going on?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help