Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Exit34
macrumors newbie

Schedule automatic Mac wake up / sleep time

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a new mini and would like to schedule a set time ever day for the mini to wake up and a set time for it to then go to sleep. I understand where the schedule preference is under energy saver, however I have a few questions.

The attached image is the initial energy saver screen you see. Am I able to leave the "computer sleep" and "display sleep" currently at its default settings, or would I have to set these to 'Never' sleep in order to follow a specific wake/sleep schedule?

My set-up is the computer will always be powered on. I would like for it to wake at 6AM and sleep at 1AM. For the time in-between 6AM and 1AM, I would like for the computer to NEVER sleep at all. I do not mind either way what the display does, as I manually turn the display off when away from the computer.

Any provided insight into what I need to do to accomplish what I had described would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Edit: Here is the image I had referred to http://alvinalexander.com/sites/defa...ergy-saver.jpg[COLOR="#808080"]

Last edited by Exit34; Jan 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Adding Image
Exit34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:03 PM   #2
KrisLord
macrumors member

Put the top slider to never, ensuring it never sleeps of its own accord. Put the 2nd slider to something sensible, eg 15-20 minutes. Even if you put the screen off, this will stop the mac outputting an image so will save a little power.

Then set your sleep/wake timings in the schedule tab.

I think this will ensure its always on during the day and sleeping at night.
KrisLord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Exit34
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisLord View Post
Put the top slider to never, ensuring it never sleeps of its own accord. Put the 2nd slider to something sensible, eg 15-20 minutes. Even if you put the screen off, this will stop the mac outputting an image so will save a little power.

Then set your sleep/wake timings in the schedule tab.

I think this will ensure its always on during the day and sleeping at night.
Thank you very much for the reply. Will try out those settings shortly.
Exit34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini