Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

build12d54.jpg
Apple today seeded build 12D54 of OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to developers, marking the sixth beta iteration of the newest version of Mountain Lion. 10.8.3 was first seeded to developers in November.

Build 12D54 comes just eight days after build 12D50, and like the previous build, contains no known issues or features. Build 12D50 brought only minor changes, and asked developers to focus on testing AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

9to5Mac notes that the new build contains significant changes to WiFi, but additional changes are unknown. Registered developers can download the update on Apple's Developer Page.

This post originally referred to Build 12D54 as the seventh developer seed of OS X 10.8.3 when it was actually the sixth seed.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Build 12D54 of OS X 10.8.3 to Developers

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
My 10.8.2 issues:

1) SLOW SHUTDOWNS

2) Poor battery life (2-3 hours, max, on MacBook Pro w/ 92% of original battery capacity)

3) iCal randomly gives errors with Google calendars.

I've seen no changelog (anywhere) that mentions those being addressed.

Pegamush

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
still no reason for "switching" from SL to ML. i have to admit that airdrop is nice, but not so widespread. all the social cr@p can go to hell. i want back proper exposè and spaces.

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
My 10.8.2 issues:

1) SLOW SHUTDOWNS

2) Poor battery life (2-3 hours, max, on MacBook Pro w/ 92% of original battery capacity)

Try to go into Disk Utility and Repair/Verify Permissions on the HDD. As for the battery, try to calibrate it if you haven't done so recently. Use it from 100% then drain it completely to 0% and then charge it back up to 100%.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
My 10.8.2 issues:

1) SLOW SHUTDOWNS

I actually have all of these issues too

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I can't help but think the live release of 10.8.3, and maybe iOS 6.1, coming around the earnings call next week.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
There's quite a big number of builds out there for this one...

My 10.8.2 issues:

1) SLOW SHUTDOWNS

4) Airplay issues

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
Still driver support for 79XX cards in this beta?

A couple have mentioned that this release is seeing a lot of seeds before release. Anybody think this could be to ensure compatibility with the new Mac Pro due shortly? I figure that new graphics drivers only point to a Mac Pro, no iMac, Mini etc is going to be using these cards.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Mountain Lion seems to be inherently buggy. It has slow shutdowns, Safari is crashy or beachballs a lot and silly things like changing desktop background does not respond unless you repeat it twice.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
still no reason for "switching" from SL to ML. i have to admit that airdrop is nice, but not so widespread. all the social cr@p can go to hell. i want back proper exposè and spaces.

I'm so tired of reading this. First of all, "all the social cr@p" is completely optional and not at all intrusive. It can be completely turned off. Second of all, SL didn't have "proper" exposè. "proper" exposè ended with Leopard. SL added the scaled exposè which many argued was worse. ML brings back proper, unscaled, exposè.

Still don't like it? Don't use it then. But this completely unconstructive whining has to end.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
I'm so tired of reading this. First of all, "all the social cr@p" is completely optional and not at all intrusive. It can be completely turned off. Second of all, SL didn't have "proper" exposè. "proper" exposè ended with Leopard. SL added the scaled exposè which many argued was worse. ML brings back proper, unscaled, exposè.

Still don't like it? Don't use it then. But this completely unconstructive whining has to end.

Yeah, there's also icloud support, which is a huge reason to switch IMO.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Still driver support for 79XX cards in this beta?

A couple have mentioned that this release is seeing a lot of seeds before release. Anybody think this could be to ensure compatibility with the new Mac Pro due shortly? I figure that new graphics drivers only point to a Mac Pro, no iMac, Mini etc is going to be using these cards.

There is an ATI 7000 controller extension.

I might add the minimum system version is 10.8

They could just be making the ATI 7000 series cards available for the 2010 Mac Pro.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.