Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Jmicha3l
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 loose charger port

When you plug in the lightning cable into to the charging port, is it securely tight? Or can you somewhat wiggle it left to right? Mine can wiggle left to right just a little bit without losing a charge. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not. Just got the ip5 2 days ago. Thanks
Jmicha3l is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
chumawumba
Banned

mine is tight
chumawumba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:25 PM   #3
Jmicha3l
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumawumba View Post
mine is tight
Hmm, tight as in there's no movement at all when connected to the port? First time owning an iPhone and I just wanna make sure it's fine.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4
batting1000
macrumors 601

I have this with my iPad mini slightly but my iPhone 5 is fine.
batting1000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Jmicha3l
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1000 View Post
I have this with my iPad mini slightly but my iPhone 5 is fine.
I guess my phone should be fine. Just being a lil OCD since its my first iphone. Thanks again!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:03 PM   #6
chumawumba
Banned

I have an iPad mini and an iPhone 5, and it feels really snug to me. I know you probably already checked this, but is the connector bent or broken at all?
chumawumba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:58 PM   #7
esternberg387
macrumors newbie

Out of nowhere, mine became loose like that last week. Went to the genius bar, and they replaced it right away.
esternberg387 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Jmicha3l
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumawumba View Post
I have an iPad mini and an iPhone 5, and it feels really snug to me. I know you probably already checked this, but is the connector bent or broken at all?
connector isnt bent or loose at all. it feels snug, but very very little movement from left to right. most people i know with IP5 have the same thing so i guess its normal.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:44 PM   #9
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmicha3l View Post
connector isnt bent or loose at all. it feels snug, but very very little movement from left to right. most people i know with IP5 have the same thing so i guess its normal.
What you need is a real problem. You would forget about this connector (they all have a tiny amount of movement) and move on to something that matters.

Enjoy your phone until you have a problem that affects it operation! It's under warranty. You are covered for a year. Relax.....
Givmeabrek is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Hey all,

In the past few weeks, my lightning port has begun to feel loose. That is, when the cable is plugged in, light pulling of the cable allows it to wiggle in the lightning port, mostly up and down, not side to side.

My warranty is up in a couple weeks, was wondering if it would be worth it to take it in to have it checked out? And no, I don't just yank my cable out. I very securely grab near the end and gently pull it out.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2013, 07:49 AM   #11
Lucille Carter
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
Hey all,

In the past few weeks, my lightning port has begun to feel loose. That is, when the cable is plugged in, light pulling of the cable allows it to wiggle in the lightning port, mostly up and down, not side to side.

My warranty is up in a couple weeks, was wondering if it would be worth it to take it in to have it checked out? And no, I don't just yank my cable out. I very securely grab near the end and gently pull it out.
If the "feeling" has changed then I would say you might have a problem. I would think Apple would fix even if out of warranty but I would have them look at it before if possible.

My plug is quite snug in my 5 and both iPads. I have never tried to move them to see if they are loose.
Lucille Carter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone