Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1
secres77
macrumors newbie

App Request

I'm really not sure if an app like the one I'm about to describe exists, but I think it doesn't. yet.

Anyway, it's a running app where you can set a target diatance (eg. 2.4km) and set a targeted time to complete the distance (eg. 12mins). at every set interval (either distance or time eg. 100m or 30sec), the user will receive sound notification on how fast he's going at, wether he can achieve the targeted time or if he's too slow, etc. and in between notifications, give motovation to keep on running.

just an app I'd pay to have. an app a lot of people would need to achieve such precise goals.
secres77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:53 PM   #2
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by secres77 View Post
I'm really not sure if an app like the one I'm about to describe exists, but I think it doesn't. yet.

Anyway, it's a running app where you can set a target diatance (eg. 2.4km) and set a targeted time to complete the distance (eg. 12mins). at every set interval (either distance or time eg. 100m or 30sec), the user will receive sound notification on how fast he's going at, wether he can achieve the targeted time or if he's too slow, etc. and in between notifications, give motovation to keep on running.

just an app I'd pay to have. an app a lot of people would need to achieve such precise goals.
I've used Runmeter for something similar when trying to improve my two mile run. I don't know if it does exactly as you describe, but I could set the time I needed to complete the run in and at certain intervals (that I could set) it vocally say the distance I had gone and the time I left on my timer. You could also set it up to say various different things. I think it was a $5 app or so when I bought it back in 2010. It would also record your run on a map you export into google maps and record elevation changes, speed changes, etc as metadata. It was very helpful to me. You might do some more research into that to see if it can do what you need.

The title in my apps shows Runmeter GPS Running Stopwatch.

http://www.abvio.com/runmeter/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/runm...326498704?mt=8
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Baggio
macrumors 6502

I believe Runkeeper does this.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:24 PM   #4
secres77
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastoholic View Post
I've used Runmeter for something similar when trying to improve my two mile run. I don't know if it does exactly as you describe, but I could set the time I needed to complete the run in and at certain intervals (that I could set) it vocally say the distance I had gone and the time I left on my timer. You could also set it up to say various different things. I think it was a $5 app or so when I bought it back in 2010. It would also record your run on a map you export into google maps and record elevation changes, speed changes, etc as metadata. It was very helpful to me. You might do some more research into that to see if it can do what you need.

The title in my apps shows Runmeter GPS Running Stopwatch.

http://www.abvio.com/runmeter/
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/runm...326498704?mt=8
Thanks! i'll look into that immediately.

runkeeper doesnt do all that.
secres77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps