Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
Most iOS gamers have probably experienced this:

You just got an awesome insanely high score. For example, 1100 in friut ninja arcade mode. You go to Game Center to see how you rank. What's this?!? Dozens of people who achieved a score of exactly 9,223,372,036,854,775,807, and hundreds (if not thousands) more who have scores way up in the hundred millions - billions!! These are the HACKERS who ruin the whole Game Center experience for us honest people. :mad:

I hold ranks among the top few hundred in a few games, and guess what? Most of those few hundred above me are impossibly high scores from hackers! :mad::mad::mad:

I know Apple is perfectly aware of the issue. But they don't do anything about it! Hopefully they will soon?

(I'm sorry if I got a little angry)

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
First, you don't know if its "hackers" or someone who has found a trick in a game.

Second, its a game, I sincerely hope your wellbeing doesn't rest of getting a higher score in something that doesn't matter than someone else.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!
First, you don't know if its "hackers" or someone who has found a trick in a game.

First, yes it is hackers; I see the same names with the same scores in many different leaderboards. It's not even that hard to hack on jailbroken device.

Second, my overall wellbeing does not rest on high scores. Only the wellbeing of the competitive competitive gamer in me.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
First, yes it is hackers; I see the same names with the same scores in many different leaderboards. It's not even that hard to hack on jailbroken device.

Please tell me how jailbreaking now magically allows someone to decompile an app, find a security hole, exploit it, then rack up high scores in games.

It doesn't.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011

Please tell me how jailbreaking now magically allows someone to decompile an app, find a security hole, exploit it, then rack up high scores in games.

It doesn't.

iOS game hacks are not something obscure mate :)

Theres fair big scene about it.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

It doesn't.

Yes game center hack haz been out there for couple years now and still out here! Have you been under a rock or something bro?

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Ah, so relying on others to do the work is now considered "hacking" and not merely being a consumer. Got it.

OP, the word your looking to describe these people is not "hackers", its "losers", and they can definitely be frustrating :)

Hacking is hacking no matter what! Anyways, back to my rock bro! :rolleyes: and welcome to 2013!

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Where exactly was there a hack in that?

If you find a bug in a game, thats not by its very definition a hack.

Get a grip mate its a modded ver. of the game, just check youtube or google :) you will find plenty of options. :eek::eek::eek:

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012

It doesn't.

Are you serious? You don't need to hack every game individually, just the protocol that sends the scores to Game Center.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
yeah, just a few searches on google will fill you in. a lot of these scores are the max numbers, e.g. for a 64 bit integer (9223372036854775807). they are just putting in the biggest number the server will hold.

i too find it frustrating. it is such blatant cheating.

i hate the attitude NT1440 displays. we don't need someone to come in and tell us that games "don't matter". there is nothing wrong with wanting to compare your score with other genuine scores. go away if you don't care.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Really, all it is is 13 year-old's always wanting to win, whether it's the moral way or not. Hackers are everywhere, it sucks, but forget about them.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
I have reported the same person time after time so either Apple can't be bothered or don't know how to deal with it. Either way they are sad thinking it is an achievement.

PJ

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
It's dumb, I know. And it is extremely easy on some apps, I even did it on accident one time!

To get around it I have just started adding every single person on game center that I can find. I add them, then I go to their friends list and add all their friends, then their friend's friends, until I have a reasonable amount of people where I can have my own "mini-leaderboard" in which i'm compared to only legitimate players (if one of them did end up hacking, it's as simple as clicking delete on my friends list)

Add me: Trazzdi

Lark.Landon

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So Cal
It's dumb, I know. And it is extremely easy on some apps, I even did it on accident one time!

To get around it I have just started adding every single person on game center that I can find. I add them, then I go to their friends list and add all their friends, then their friend's friends, until I have a reasonable amount of people where I can have my own "mini-leaderboard" in which i'm compared to only legitimate players (if one of them did end up hacking, it's as simple as clicking delete on my friends list)

Add me: Trazzdi

Wow, a very good work-around. ;)

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Yea, I compare myself to my friends.

Not random people that sit up playing iOS games 24 hours a day, lol.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I don't bother with GameCenter scores purely because of the cheaters out there. Whether it's hacking, or loopholes, or whatever, it doesn't really matter.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
its legit.

Attachments

• gfjdgujg.png
    gfjdgujg.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 136
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.