Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bathat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
Greetings,

I'd like to infrom the Neowin community of a free app I created to help you easily find your car. Finally, right!? I used to participate on this forum extensively, forgot my username, now I'm back to shamelessly plug my app... :rofl:

Roughly a month ago, the idea struck me like a bolt of lightning, in a good way. I was riding bike downtown when all of a sudden, I realized I had absolutely no idea where I'd parked. Call me absent-minded... I'd been developing apps for a few months at this point, new college grad. So I started looking into the solutions that existed on the App Store. There was only one that was worth its weight in salt, but after installing the thing, I immediately determined that it sucked hot air, and the ratings reflected my disapproval.

Enter Dude Where's My Car? This is my free alternative to a market which is virtually nonexsitent. I took a simple concept and improved on the functionality and design. No need to reinvent the wheel if the technology is already there.

So here's how it works:
Who hasn't lost their car in the parking lot? With this app, you will never lose your car again! All you have to remember to do is drop a pin when you park. The app does all the rest!

Additionally, you can add notes about your parking spot! This will come in handy after a night on the town and you can't remember, say, which floor of the parking structure you're on.

Anyone who doesn't live under a rock is familiar with the attacks hurled against Apple for switching to a new mapping system... My app simply takes that out of the equation! If you are running the latest operating system, you will have access to turn-by-turn navigation via Apple Maps. If you are running an earlier operating system, directions will be displayed in a table with concise directions to your vehicle.

Please download the app and take it for a spin. I'd love to hear your evaulations! I'm looking for user validation and beta-testing. It's improving all the time but there will obviously be bugs I've overlooked that need fixing. Feel free to shoot me a private message or email via my website.

PS
By all means, please tell your friends! There's a way to invite people from within the app. :shiftyninja:

Posted Image
http://www.dwmcapp.com

Safe travels,
JJFlash

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
You're trying to sell a turd to a toilet.

Edit: Lol I don't even know what I was thinking when I said that.

Last edited:

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
I've always needed something like this. Will try it soon.

Edit: OK, I just did. Some thoughts. How to unpark car. Also its good but only for specific address. Doesn't help if I goto a mall for example and forget which art of the mall I'm at.

Last edited:

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
Not sure how this would wokr in a shopping mall Parking

The parking slot is so small on a map coordinates that the whole mall parking would should at the same spot on the map

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Not sure how this would wokr in a shopping mall Parking

The parking slot is so small on a map coordinates that the whole mall parking would should at the same spot on the map

:confused:

You know I like to read user reviews for stuff before I actually use them, for this reason I'd like to ask if you guys can proof read your post before posting them so folks can understand what you're saying..Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.