Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
I'm writing up a power support flat bumper review, any questions anyone wants answered, or details?

I'll include any posts here in an FAQ.

zybersniper

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Is the edge along the screen really a dust magnet? I really hate those rubbery sides since they pick up so much lint when being pulled in and out of your pocket. No point in having a very sexy looking case but then being so easily dirtied.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Is the edge along the screen really a dust magnet? I really hate those rubbery sides since they pick up so much lint when being pulled in and out of your pocket. No point in having a very sexy looking case but then being so easily dirtied.

Can't speak for the PS but I do not have any issue with dust/Lint with the Neo Hybrid EX. Maybe because my pockets aren't "Linty"? :)

deep3lue

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Singapore

No it doesn't really attract that much lint and dust. Maybe just the occasional one or two? :)

zybersniper

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Can't speak for the PS but I do not have any issue with dust/Lint with the Neo Hybrid EX. Maybe because my pockets aren't "Linty"? :)

Heh heh, I have allergies so I always have a tissue or two in my pocket. Might be the cause of the lintiness. However, a hard plastic case like the SGP Slim Metal EX works for me as it doesn't have any rubbery sides.

I'd really like to give this case a go. Never owned a PowerSupport case but the screen protectors were one of the best I have ever used. The cutting was close to perfection!

graphiteevo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I'm writing up a power support flat bumper review, any questions anyone wants answered, or details?

I'll include any posts here in an FAQ.

Is it bulky, or hard to use one handed compared to the Caze Thin Edge &
Does the case slip off the phone when you take it out of your pocket like the neo hybrid ex slim does

Thanks dude

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Pictures of the bumper laying beside the phone to compare thickness. Also laying beside other cases that you may have.

xWarlocx

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
Lots and lots of pictures please. Before and afters and comparing bumper to naked phone!

davidaames

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Ill second the question: how does it stack up to the Power Support bumper? In terms of

Protection ( lay on the table, proneness to slippage) and Durability (ability to survive a fall)
Fit
looks (how seamless it is with the iphone aesthetic)
overall better buy

Would you also say that the Power Support Bumper and the Caze ThinEdge are the top two (2) plastic bumper cases available in the market today?

Hopefully, the review will be released soon:) A retailer in my area is selling one of each - yes, last two stocks! and I need to make a choice ASAP lest I lose the opportunity to buy either one. And, as you know, the Power Support is a bit difficult to source.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.