Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Hi,

I have an iPad 4 and I am having trouble connecting to any wireless networks.

I have tried different networks (Open, WEP key ones, MAC address filtering ones) and all the iPad does is have the progress wheel go round and round next to the name of the wireless network but it NEVER connects. Nor do I get an alert saying that it can't connect.

I have tried rebooting the device and resetting the network settings.

Apart from doing a complete wipe (Which I would rather not do), is there any thing else I can try?

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire
Try doing a complete shutdown of your iPad.

To turn off the iPad, follow these steps:

Begin by locating the iPad's hold button. This button is on the top right-hand corner of the iPad.
Press the hold button for a few seconds, until a red slider appears at the top of the screen that says "slide to power off."
Slide it to the right. (If you don't want to shut it down, tap the "cancel" button at the bottom of the screen.)
You'll see a small wheel and then the screen will go dim. The iPad is now shut off.
To turn the iPad back on, just press the hold button until the screen lights up and the Apple logo appears. Then let the button go and the iPad will boot up.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Try doing a complete shutdown of your iPad.

To turn off the iPad, follow these steps:

Begin by locating the iPad's hold button. This button is on the top right-hand corner of the iPad.
Press the hold button for a few seconds, until a red slider appears at the top of the screen that says "slide to power off."
Slide it to the right. (If you don't want to shut it down, tap the "cancel" button at the bottom of the screen.)
You'll see a small wheel and then the screen will go dim. The iPad is now shut off.
To turn the iPad back on, just press the hold button until the screen lights up and the Apple logo appears. Then let the button go and the iPad will boot up.

Thanks, tried that and still have the same issue :(

smileyface

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2013
I had trouble connecting my ipad4 to my tp link router also.Funny thing was that it worked fine on the free wifi at the mall and using my old travel router which I don't use anymore.

What I did was update the firmware with the latest version on my TP link router and it is now working perfectly.

It would seem that certain routers need the latest firmware to work with the ipad4.Once it is working it is brilliant.Very fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.