Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:04 AM   #1
MacPC
macrumors regular

Disable Safari cacheing for good

Hi, I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Safari 6.0.2.

I am wodetring how I can disable Safari cache once and for all. I checked Develp-> Disable Cache, but it only seem to work while Safari is still open, once I quit Safari and restart again, I will have to re-check it. I went through the Preferences, and did not see any options to turn cache off, is there a plist or something I can set to turn it off permanently?

Than
MacPC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:32 AM   #2
iThinksimple
macrumors member

cache is needed by any browser, i think no options to disable safari cache,
iThinksimple is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPC View Post
Hi, I am using Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Safari 6.0.2.

I am wodetring how I can disable Safari cache once and for all. I checked Develp-> Disable Cache, but it only seem to work while Safari is still open, once I quit Safari and restart again, I will have to re-check it. I went through the Preferences, and did not see any options to turn cache off, is there a plist or something I can set to turn it off permanently?

Than
There is a Mac OS X Hints post here explaining a method of doing what you want.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:14 PM   #4
MacPC
macrumors regular

@Weaselboy thanks for the reply. it says for safari 5, but I will give it a try.
MacPC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store