Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
I use iPhoto to keep the digipics of my family and friends, office, and miscellaneous things I have the urge to snap with my ubiquitous iPhone.

However, one class of photos that I don't keep on iPhoto are those that men (and women, I'm sure) tend to collect that they don't necessarily discuss with their Significant Others. I keep those in a separate folder in my main Pictures folder.

Do you all do this? Or am I the only guy who keeps the Perv Bank away from the photos of Junior's last birthday party?

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I mastered the use of organizing my photos into folders quite a while ago. I've never really seen the point in having an App to do basically the same thing. The 'special' photos are obviously hidden from view ;)

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
I use iPhoto Tags and the "Hide" function to conceal things that shouldn't be seen by the casual observer. It isn't to hide anything from my wife (who would be the subject of many of the hidden pictures), but simply to keep someone glancing over my shoulder from seeing them.

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
My wife knows that I have risqué pics - she just prefers not to see them. "I don't care where you work up an appetite, babe, as long as you eat at home." Wotta gal.

My main concern is, if I sync my iPhone with some of these pics on them, is making sure of no accidental disclosure, if you know what I mean. Could get embarrassing around the office. :eek:

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
My wife knows that I have risqué pics - she just prefers not to see them. "I don't care where you work up an appetite, babe, as long as you eat at home." Wotta gal.

My main concern is, if I sync my iPhone with some of these pics on them, is making sure of no accidental disclosure, if you know what I mean. Could get embarrassing around the office. :eek:

Maybe it's just me, but if I had those kinds of photos on my phone, it wouldn't be something I'd be looking at while at the office.

Regardless, if its not your wife, maybe the guys at the office would appreciate seeing a good looking women :p

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
Maybe it's just me, but if I had those kinds of photos on my phone, it wouldn't be something I'd be looking at while at the office.

Regardless, if its not your wife, maybe the guys at the office would appreciate seeing a good looking women :p

I didn't say (or mean to say) that I would be looking at those at the office. I just don't want to accidentally bring something up that I really shouldn't while searching for the newest pic of my housecat to show to my office manager.

And, I'll have you know, I married a Wagnerian goddess! She's just shy. :p

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
I didn't say (or mean to say) that I would be looking at those at the office. I just don't want to accidentally bring something up that I really shouldn't while searching for the newest pic of my housecat to show to my office manager.

And, I'll have you know, I married a Wagnerian goddess! She's just shy. :p

Wasn't trying to take a shot at your wife, just meant that I wouldn't be showing pictures of my girl around.

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Any questionable pics, and I've accumulated quite a bit over the years and multiple GFs :D I keep on an external HD. There is nothing questionable on any of my computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.