Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celticfc482

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
I have just left tmobile and joining three but my phone seems to have been unlocked. How can I get it unlocked?

I have been to three they said to contact tmobile which i did. Tmobile then said to contact apple since they cannot unlock it. I then phoned apple who told me that they cant and to contact tmobile to unlock it.

Does anyone know who can unlock it?

thanks

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I have just left tmobile and joining three but my phone seems to have been unlocked. How can I get it unlocked?

I have been to three they said to contact tmobile which i did. Tmobile then said to contact apple since they cannot unlock it. I then phoned apple who told me that they cant and to contact tmobile to unlock it.

Does anyone know who can unlock it?

thanks

If T-Mobile isn't offering any unlocks, the only options would be to purchase an IMEI unlock from a legitimate website or a buy a Turbo Sim.

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
I am confused, I thought T-Mobile does not sell iPhones, so in order to use it on their network your iPhone had to be unlocked in the first place? I am Canadian so this is my understanding from what I read.

So T-Mobile wouldn't be able to unlock it because its not their phone. Apple's unlocks do go through the Carriers, so they are correct to tell you to contact your carrier, but its not T-Mobile.

What, where, how did you get your iPhone?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I am confused, I thought T-Mobile does not sell iPhones, so in order to use it on their network your iPhone had to be unlocked in the first place? I am Canadian so this is my understanding from what I read.

So T-Mobile wouldn't be able to unlock it because its not their phone. Apple's unlocks do go through the Carriers, so they are correct to tell you to contact your carrier, but its not T-Mobile.

What, where, how did you get your iPhone?

The thread starter is in the UK or Europe.

DefBref

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
The iphone is available on all the major providers in the UK (O2, Vodafone, Orange, T Mobile, 3, EE)

tmobile in the UK will unlock it for you (at a cost, about £15 to £20 I think). Contact customer services and ask them to unlock it for you.

celticfc482

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
I left tmobile and took my mobile number with me, at the time they didnt tell me my phone is locked and I will need to unlock it before I leave. Now that my sim is dead, They will not unlock it for me unless I get a pay as you go sim and wait 3 months before they can give me a code

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.