Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:13 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Blogging Systems for your Website

Category: Reviews
Link: Blogging Systems for your Website

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 4, 2005, 07:44 AM   #2
angelwatt
Moderator emeritus

Didn't say much that I didn't know. I've been wanting to program my own blog for my web server, just to say I did, and for the educational experience. The article mentions a next article, but didn't sound like it's going to go into how to create your own, just where to get other people's blog tools.

The sad thing is I probably won't even use the blog I want on my site, I just want to know how it works.
angelwatt is offline   0
Old Oct 4, 2005, 07:52 AM   #3
wordmunger
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwatt
The sad thing is I probably won't even use the blog I want on my site, I just want to know how it works.
Interesting. I'm the opposite--I don't want to know how my blog works; I just want to use it!
wordmunger is offline   0
Old Oct 4, 2005, 08:27 AM   #4
ibjoshua
macrumors 6502a

I've installed both Nucleus and Gallery and if you can follow simple instructions they're both a walk in the park.

i_b_joshua
ibjoshua is offline   0
Old Oct 4, 2005, 08:33 AM   #5
mainstreetmark
macrumors 68020

You two ought to get together!
Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:43 AM   #6
wdlove
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_b_joshua
I've installed both Nucleus and Gallery and if you can follow simple instructions they're both a walk in the park.

i_b_joshua
They are both very interesting sites, thanks for the link. I like simple instructions i_b_joshua.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:33 PM   #7
simX
macrumors 6502a

iBlog!

For those who only have a .mac account or a server that doesn't allow scripting (e.g.: PHP) access, all of the blogging programs mentioned won't work. I highly recommend iBlog in these cases, especially since it uses templates to generate the static weblog XHTML files, and these templates are customizable to exactly how you want it.

Consider a theme similar to the default and one that I was able to accomplish simply by editing the templates that iBlog provides. Another benefit is that iBlog outputs, by default, valid XHTML, while some other similar weblogging programs don't.

Last edited by simX; Oct 4, 2005 at 02:24 PM.
simX is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion