Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wkufan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Hey guys, I am new to the apple world so I need some advice. I recently purchased my first IPhone(5) and later purchased the I Pad Mini. Yes, I am drinking the apple Kool-aid.

I purchased the 16 GB version of the I Pad Mini.

I am basically out of space which is frustrating because I have only recorded like 3 videos on it and have a few pictures. Nothing crazy! I also have about 200 songs. Here are my stats:

13.4 GB Used - Photos - 3.8GB, Dropbox - 2.6GB, Music - 2.1 GB (Those are the biggies)

I Cloud - 1.9GB available.

So, how can I maximize the space?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
That is the problem with Retina. Even though the Mini doesn't have it, you still have to deal with your apps having all those resources. Most buy the bigger versions for that reason. :)

You might try pushing your pictures to Dropbox or similar. Maybe your video too. It won't be accessible offline, but it'll give you the extra space.

EDIT: You already have Dropbox, oops. Try seeing if it lets you keep stuff just on the server.

wkufan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2012
Question

Well, that is why I installed Dropbox but it is taking up over 2GB space. I was thinking Dropbox was like the cloud so the pictures or video in dropbox wouldnt' take up space on my Ipad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.