Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ohsnaphappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Got a Little Big Disc, 2TB, two Samsung 1TB drives inside, ThunderBolt.

When I send something to it, nothing happens for like 1 minute, then a little bit of the data goes, then it stops, then a little more goes, then it stops.

Is it broken? I followed the instructions when setting up the Raid with Disk Utility, did I do something wrong?

----------

It's weird too, because when I got it, it was in Mirrored, and black magic speed test ran at about 200mb/s. Now that it's setup as Striped, I can only get 60mb/s with black magic.

So I did something wrong right?

LaCieTech

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Got a Little Big Disc, 2TB, two Samsung 1TB drives inside, ThunderBolt.

When I send something to it, nothing happens for like 1 minute, then a little bit of the data goes, then it stops, then a little more goes, then it stops.

Is it broken? I followed the instructions when setting up the Raid with Disk Utility, did I do something wrong?

----------

It's weird too, because when I got it, it was in Mirrored, and black magic speed test ran at about 200mb/s. Now that it's setup as Striped, I can only get 60mb/s with black magic.

So I did something wrong right?

Hi,

Please call our support or send us a ticket. We can help you set it up again or resolve whatever is causing it to misbehave like that. If it was working fine until you changed the RAID its likely the issue can be easily resolved. We're at 503-844-4500 (USA) or http://www.lacie.com/mystuff

~mn, LaCie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.