Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:32 PM   #1
i-Rich
macrumors member

27" iMac Australian Orders

Just thought I'd start a thread for Australia

I ordered the following on 20th December from a retailer (Nextbyte - perth).

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB memory - will update to 32GB
768 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Still waiting with no info ... I'm wishing I ordered from Apple just so I know the shipping status.

How are other people going?
i-Rich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:08 PM   #2
KrasHr
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-Rich View Post
Just thought I'd start a thread for Australia

I ordered the following on 20th December from a retailer (Nextbyte - perth).

3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
8GB memory - will update to 32GB
768 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

Still waiting with no info ... I'm wishing I ordered from Apple just so I know the shipping status.

How are other people going?
I ordered on the 1st January from the Apple website.

The original order was

3.4Ghz i7
8GB RAM
675MX
3TB Fusion
Apple battery Charger

It's expected to ship in January

I made a configuration change on the 14th, by changing the 675MX to a 680MX and my delivery date wasn't pushed back (they usually cancel and redo your order from scratch if you change). From the call I had with apple when I made the change, the person said my iMac would be shipped by the end of January, and I was to receive it late january very early february. So, basically about a month (possibly less) wait for me.

You've been waiting for almost a month, so I'd give Nextbyte a call and ask that they get details from apple about the status of your order.
KrasHr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:15 PM   #3
i-Rich
macrumors member

I've spoken to them a few times this week. One guy told me that Apple shuts down for three weeks over christmas so I should factor that in as well ... he also told me that the CTO's were assembled in Singapore. I'm finding either of those statments hard to believe. Hopefully I'll get it this month!

UPDATE: Spoke to Nextbyte ... still processing

Last edited by i-Rich; Jan 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:45 PM   #4
lizardofwoz
macrumors regular

Similar story here.

Ordered on the 21st December from Streetwise in Melbourne.

CTO.

Streetwise have no idea about my delivery date, and no desire to find out. Fed me the story that all deliveries are delayed due to Apple having assembly and manufacturing problems.

Completely unhelpful. Wish I had purchased through the Apple Store to get delivery tracking information.
lizardofwoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:23 PM   #5
i-Rich
macrumors member

I have a feeling that retailers are at the back of the line!!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Thuc5dides
macrumors newbie

I ordered on 5/12 through reseller Powermedia in Sydney, but hard to say when they actually placed the order. Latest delivery estimates are for the end of January.

OWC RAM upgrade arrived yesterday.
Thuc5dides is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:44 PM   #7
JoeSay
macrumors newbie

Got mine last Friday...

I picked up my 27" beauty last Friday from MacAlert in Adelaide. I didn't do a BTO - I just waited for stocks to come in. I called a number of places in Adelaide a few times a week from Christmas onwards and they all said the same thing - "don't know when they are coming in". Then miraculously, last Friday MacAlert said they had a few come in just hours before I called. The rest is history....

Other retailers still don't have any in stock right now.

Must have just got lucky I guess?
JoeSay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:46 PM   #8
turtlez
Banned

Ordered a BTO from Apple AU educational website on Dec 22. Order went to preparing and shipped yesterday (17th Jan) and estimated delivery date to my door on the 21st (monday). Hope yours comes soon!

Why did you order through next byte instead of the online Apple store?
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:09 AM   #9
i-Rich
macrumors member

It was a tiny bit cheaper and I'm a strong believer of doing my bit for local business. There's also something about dealing with people face to face ... Call me old fashioned :-)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:38 PM   #10
large farva
macrumors regular

Quote:
It was a tiny bit cheaper and I'm a strong believer of doing my bit for local business. There's also something about dealing with people face to face ... Call me old fashioned :-)
I hear ya. I like to give local businesses my business too, but when it comes to them not being able to update me with simple information, much less give it to me when I ask for it, that's where I draw the line. BTW, how much cheaper was it through the retailer that you used? I've already placed my order through the Apple Store. Hoping it'll go to prepping for shipment soon, seeing as how someone with almost identical specs had his go to prepping today, and he ordered his 4 days before I did. My arrival time is Feb. 7th - 14th, so who the hell knows. Also, interestingly enough, Best Buy here in Melbourne, FL in the US finally received their 27" display model. I don't think they had any in stock, unless they were hiding them (which I highly doubt unless employees got first dibs), because usually they are out visible to customers. The display model seemed nice, no IR. Though it did has a tiny backlight bleed, which I didn't notice until I struggled to see it with a gray background. I hope mine doesn't have any IR.
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:48 PM   #11
ThisAppleGuy
macrumors newbie

I ordered mine originally on the 17th Dec... via Apple Online Store (Education)
But decided to change my order, cancelled and reordered on the 29th of Dec.

Currently still in processing - with a ship date of January.
Apple did however add the $100 Back to Uni Promotion to my order when I last checked.. which was a nice surprise.. given my order was place well before the promotion had started.

3.4Ghz i7, 8G RAM, GTX680MX, 1TB Fusion

Waiting Patiently

------
EDIT: Whoop Surprise. 5pm AEST - Preparing for Shipment!

Last edited by ThisAppleGuy; Jan 19, 2013 at 02:04 AM.
ThisAppleGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:13 AM   #12
jDW194
macrumors newbie

Ordered mine on 12/12/12 it arrived Monday 14 January after taking just 44 and a half hours by TNT to get from shanghai to Canberra.

BTO 27 / fusion / 680mx/ i5 3.2 / 8gb Ram

All work beautifully, no fan noise ... In fact no noises at all to speak of, No image retention, no scratches, No dead Pixels, No yellow screen. It has the Seagate hard drive and I have had no reason to grumble about the speakers, they sound perfectly ok to me.

Thanks apple it was worth waiting for.
jDW194 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:49 AM   #13
turtlez
Banned

My 27" BTO is estimated for Monday. That always happens to me. The weekend gets in the way of a delivery that is probably within 20km from me lol. I'll post back here when I get it all set up and tested. Shipped out on the 17th Jan from Shanghai. Ordered it on the 22nd of December
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 03:34 AM   #14
KrasHr
macrumors newbie

To continue on with this thread, today my order went to Preparing for Shipping. Ordered 1/1/2013. Configuration change 14/1/2013, Preparing for shipment 19/1/2013.

Edit: Shipped 20/1/2013

Last edited by KrasHr; Jan 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
KrasHr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:59 PM   #15
i-Rich
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by large farva View Post
I hear ya. I like to give local businesses my business too, but when it comes to them not being able to update me with simple information, much less give it to me when I ask for it, that's where I draw the line. BTW, how much cheaper was it through the retailer that you used? I've already placed my order through the Apple Store. Hoping it'll go to prepping for shipment soon, seeing as how someone with almost identical specs had his go to prepping today, and he ordered his 4 days before I did. My arrival time is Feb. 7th - 14th, so who the hell knows. Also, interestingly enough, Best Buy here in Melbourne, FL in the US finally received their 27" display model. I don't think they had any in stock, unless they were hiding them (which I highly doubt unless employees got first dibs), because usually they are out visible to customers. The display model seemed nice, no IR. Though it did has a tiny backlight bleed, which I didn't notice until I struggled to see it with a gray background. I hope mine doesn't have any IR.
About A$150 on the spec'd machine above incl. apple care
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:30 AM   #16
Arrow29
macrumors newbie

I just ordered my 27" iMac on January 18th. 3.2GHz i5 with 1tb fusion drive and the GTX 680MX gpu. Now the wait begins!

Last edited by Arrow29; Jan 20, 2013 at 01:50 AM.
Arrow29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:48 AM   #17
Platskies
macrumors member

Ordered the base 27" (everything standard) on Dec 26th - hopefully it will get out of Processing soon.
Platskies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:51 AM   #18
ThisAppleGuy
macrumors newbie

Question. Would anyone who made an order via Apple (Australia) Online Store, how long it took for TNT to actually have any tracking information, when your Apple order went to "Shipped" status?

At the moment, its been almost 12hours, and it still has no information regarding this consignment number...
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:45 AM   #19
scottgoh
macrumors member

i ordered a BTO 27" the very day the smaller version is on sale in Dec. I got mine 27" just before Christmas..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:31 AM   #20
Arrow29
macrumors newbie

Was very excited today after receiving an email from Apple; turns out it was the free itunes voucher being shipped first that was included in my order from the education store. Would have been the most quickly processed 27" imac order in the world if it was the computer itself i think haha, given I only ordered on the 18th Jan.
Arrow29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:33 PM   #21
snwau
macrumors newbie

Another aussie waiting (not so) patiently here. Have added the details already to the 'January Orders' thread, but may as well put it here too.

Ordered my 27" on 7'th January, order status as follows:

Delivers 04/02/2013 - 11/02/2013 via Standard Shipping

Configuration:
  • 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
  • 3TB Fusion Drive
  • NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
  • MAGIC MOUSE+MAGIC TRACKPAD
  • Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-X

Current Status: Processing Items

I've got 32GB of crucial RAM waiting on my desk to install as soon as it arrives.
snwau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:40 PM   #22
vooblu
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisAppleGuy View Post
Question. Would anyone who made an order via Apple (Australia) Online Store, how long it took for TNT to actually have any tracking information, when your Apple order went to "Shipped" status?

At the moment, its been almost 12hours, and it still has no information regarding this consignment number...
Mine was within 24 hours, but there was a period at the start of the "Shipped" status when it had no information. Wait until tomorrow.
vooblu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:34 PM   #23
ThisAppleGuy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vooblu View Post
Mine was within 24 hours, but there was a period at the start of the "Shipped" status when it had no information. Wait until tomorrow.
Haha yep. It came through after 24 hours.
Coming on the 24th!! So close, yet so far!!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:45 AM   #24
i-Rich
macrumors member

I'm so done with this waiting!

Ordered 20th Dec so it will be 5 weeks tomorrow and Still processing!

Nextbyte in Perth have not once gone out of their way to give me a ring and update me ... service to be expected when you’ve given them 50% deposit on a $4K machine? I don't think so! I know it's not their fault but they should actively communicate with their customers otherwise what differentiates them from buying direct from Apple. I thought premium resellers were supposed to provide added value!?

Even if it ships today (which I doubt) it will still take at least a week to get here what with customs delays etc So I'm not expecting to get it before 7th Feb (7 weeks)

Hopefully I'll feel better after this rant!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:12 AM   #25
ThisAppleGuy
macrumors newbie

Quote:

I'm so done with this waiting!

Ordered 20th Dec so it will be 5 weeks tomorrow and Still processing!

Nextbyte in Perth have not once gone out of their way to give me a ring and update me ... service to be expected when you’ve given them 50% deposit on a $4K machine? I don't think so! I know it's not their fault but they should actively communicate with their customers otherwise what differentiates them from buying direct from Apple. I thought premium resellers were supposed to provide added value!?

Even if it ships today (which I doubt) it will still take at least a week to get here what with customs delays etc So I'm not expecting to get it before 7th Feb (7 weeks)

Hopefully I'll feel better after this rant!
I'm sorry to hear that
Never really liked resellers with Apple products, they can't provide much a discount anyway.

Hope it comes soon - 5 Week wait, its bound to come through the doors~

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac