Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
I am sure this may seem like a trival need, but I work like this all day long.

So I swtich from pc to mac and wanted to try to use apple mail instead of having another layer of software like outlook involved.

trying to still get used to apple mail.

one thing that I am always doing is needing to look at multiple emails at one time. So for example read one..then open another one and keep the other one open. I cut and paste from emails giving quotes to customers etc.

I have not figure out a good way to do this.

They basically overlap each other and I can't even find the other one that I started etc.

Do you just minimize one..and then it shows up in your dock. But then when you need to open it back up..it just seems hard to move them around

Or is it just that I am not used to using the window etc.

I hope this made sense.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Click on, and drag, the bottom right hand corner of the window to re-size it to your liking.

In Mail's Menubar, click on Windows, and all your open windows will be listed at the bottom. Just select the one you want to view.

Hasn'tbeensober

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
If you using Mail.app 6.2 in ML, you can do it by double click on e-mail you want it to open you can open as many as you want.
That what I did.

bgsnmky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
If you using Mail.app 6.2 in ML, you can do it by double click on e-mail you want it to open you can open as many as you want.
That what I did.

I have mail 6.2...but when I double click on on it..it opens..I can get quite a few open but then it is hard to find them on my page.

Dave/Glen those both help too..to be able to see all that is open...THanks.

Hasn'tbeensober

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
I have mail 6.2...but when I double click on on it..it opens..I can get quite a few open but then it is hard to find them on my page.

Yes, kind of hard to find it, but if you using track pad it will help a ton.
Normally I tend to resize each window of mails I am working on, so it wont disappears behind each others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.