Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:17 PM   #1
SixStringAddict
macrumors newbie

In Browser YouTube

I recently started noticing that when I want to view a video on YouTube within my safari browser on my iPad, I know longer have an option to go full screen. The toggles seem to have been changed to resemble the desktop in browser toggles letting you change the quality, set reminder and like or dislike the video. However there's not option to go full screen. The only way to do so is to open the video in the YouTube app. It's kind of a pain having to keep going between apps for no reason to view a video.

Did anyone else notice this? Or am I just doing something wrong.
SixStringAddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:40 PM   #2
dakwar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixStringAddict View Post
I recently started noticing that when I want to view a video on YouTube within my safari browser on my iPad, I know longer have an option to go full screen. The toggles seem to have been changed to resemble the desktop in browser toggles letting you change the quality, set reminder and like or dislike the video. However there's not option to go full screen. The only way to do so is to open the video in the YouTube app. It's kind of a pain having to keep going between apps for no reason to view a video.

I just tried it. The fullscreen button was there. But it only went fullscreen within the Safari window, leaving the Safari address bar visible on the iPad screen.
dakwar is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:47 PM   #3
ISAR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixStringAddict View Post

When I checked, I did find the fullscreen button. But like someone already mentioned, it will not fill the entire screen, the safari menu/address bar will still be visible. I would recommend using the Youtube app.
ISAR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Is been like this since youtube was updated a while ago , web version

Just use the app
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:54 PM   #5
VPrime
macrumors 65816

Some forums and site have YouTube embedded.. these videos were fine up until today, now even these video have the youtube player. This player has no full screen, it is terrible.
It is also really hard to scrub through a video.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad