Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:34 AM   #26
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I placed my order jan. 16 , 9:55 pm est. USA

Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers Feb 13 - Feb 21 by Standard Shipping . saved the $30.00 because what's a couple extra days when the wait is this long ?




27 inch iMac
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
Magic Trackpad , Magic Mouse and a Super Drive
Apple Wireless Keyboard
AppleCare and 32 GB RAM upgrade to Come in the near future
__________________
Once You Go Mac, You Never Go Back !
mushroomtip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:23 PM   #27
laryenhilllvr
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
you may have wanted to spring for the extra 30 bucks. i placed my order on the 26th and i'm still waiting for it to go to prepared. so when you do finally go to shipped you're probably gonna want it so bad...
__________________
I'm living the iLife, but it's time to upgrade all my products.
laryenhilllvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:54 PM   #28
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God
 
WizardHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrasHr View Post
From the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0 , the wait from Preparing for shipping to shipped is usually 1-2 days (sometimes same day), with the rare occurrence of a day or 2 more.
Anybody know if a updated spreadsheet was done for the units purchased in January? It only has like 2 orders at the first of January. It's already 19th and a updated spreadsheet may shed more light on if the preparing and shipping times are getting closer or further apart. If you know who created this spreadsheet, then write them and ask if they will update it with this thread. Thanks.

Correction: Now I see that we can update it ourselves and the database will save it for you automatically for all to see. So go ahead and enter your information so that we are uptodate on this spreadsheet. Thanks.
__________________
Once you go Mac - You will Never go Back!

Last edited by WizardHunt; Jan 19, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
WizardHunt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:13 AM   #29
Fatboy71
macrumors 6502a
 
Fatboy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yougotcarved View Post
So my iMac just changed to preparing for shipment (wooo!). How long does this phase typically last for? Am I in for another 2 week wait before shipping or will it be sooner than that? Share your experience!
For me, preparing for shipment status lasted probably less than 24 hours.
__________________
iMac Late 2012, 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 1TB Fusion Drive, NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5, 24GB ram
iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey, iPad Air 32GB
Fatboy71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:43 AM   #30
The Robot Cow
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central California
I placed an order for a base 21.5 iMac with a fusion drive and a wired keyboard on the 18th about noon and its still being processed. It does say for mine that it takes about 7-10 business days to ship it out with an estimated delivery on feb1-6th.
__________________
iMac 21.5 w/Fusion Drive iPhone 5 iPad 2
Galaxy Nexus & Nexus 7
Ae86 Owner
The Robot Cow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:58 AM   #31
large farva
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post
you may have wanted to spring for the extra 30 bucks. i placed my order on the 26th and i'm still waiting for it to go to prepared. so when you do finally go to shipped you're probably gonna want it so bad...
Actually, I spoke with a rep when I called Apple about my iMac, cause I wanted to see if there has been any change with how quick they are going out. And he told me something that surprised me. All 27" iMac Build To Orders are given Express Shipping. He said they are doing this to get them out as soon as possible. So, from what he told me, if you spent $30 on Express Shipping, you wasted your money, because I didn't, and mine has Express Shipping. But who knows. Also, another bit of info he gave me was that he's seeing the 27" iMac orders placed in January ship out about a week early.
__________________
Late-2012 27" iMac (3.4 GHz i7 / 1TB 7200rpm HDD / 8GB RAM / GTX 680MX 2GB)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
iPhone 5 64GB (Black,Verizon)
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:10 AM   #32
laryenhilllvr
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by large farva View Post
Actually, I spoke with a rep when I called Apple about my iMac, cause I wanted to see if there has been any change with how quick they are going out. And he told me something that surprised me. All 27" iMac Build To Orders are given Express Shipping. He said they are doing this to get them out as soon as possible. So, from what he told me, if you spent $30 on Express Shipping, you wasted your money, because I didn't, and mine has Express Shipping. But who knows. Also, another bit of info he gave me was that he's seeing the 27" iMac orders placed in January ship out about a week early.
meanwhile i'm two days away from my 4 week mark and i still have yet to even move to preparing...

but it is good to know they are comping people for the expedited shipping. i already had mine refunded when i called last week.
__________________
I'm living the iLife, but it's time to upgrade all my products.
laryenhilllvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:04 AM   #33
large farva
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post
meanwhile i'm two days away from my 4 week mark and i still have yet to even move to preparing...

but it is good to know they are comping people for the expedited shipping. i already had mine refunded when i called last week.
Yeah. I don't know how true any of it is, because it was only a bottom level service rep that I was speaking with. I mean, who knows, he might have just told me that my iMac is being processed with expedited shipping to put my mind at ease. Because in all reality, I don't think it makes a huge difference. According to the delivery quotes I received when I was placing my order. A Feb. 7th - 14th delivery date with Standard Shipping vs. a Feb. 6th - 13th delivery date with Express/Expedited Shipping. Which is why I didn't select Express Shipping from the get go.

Also, it seems like a pretty awesome deal, Apple setting up all of the 27" iMac orders with Express Shipping, but not really for the people who actually paid the $30 for Express Shipping, as they would essentially be paying for, nothing. Unless Apple gives those folks a bump a little further ahead in line. Who knows. Just because you hear it from one person, doesn't make it true. It's like police officers. They are police officers, so you would expect them to know the laws and state statutes, especially the most commonly broken ones or the more important ones, but a lot of them really don't know jack about the laws or local statutes.
__________________
Late-2012 27" iMac (3.4 GHz i7 / 1TB 7200rpm HDD / 8GB RAM / GTX 680MX 2GB)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
iPhone 5 64GB (Black,Verizon)
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:04 AM   #34
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God
 
WizardHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by large farva View Post
Yeah. I don't know how true any of it is, because it was only a bottom level service rep that I was speaking with. I mean, who knows, he might have just told me that my iMac is being processed with expedited shipping to put my mind at ease. Because in all reality, I don't think it makes a huge difference. According to the delivery quotes I received when I was placing my order. A Feb. 7th - 14th delivery date with Standard Shipping vs. a Feb. 6th - 13th delivery date with Express/Expedited Shipping. Which is why I didn't select Express Shipping from the get go.

Also, it seems like a pretty awesome deal, Apple setting up all of the 27" iMac orders with Express Shipping, but not really for the people who actually paid the $30 for Express Shipping, as they would essentially be paying for, nothing. Unless Apple gives those folks a bump a little further ahead in line. Who knows. Just because you hear it from one person, doesn't make it true. It's like police officers. They are police officers, so you would expect them to know the laws and state statutes, especially the most commonly broken ones or the more important ones, but a lot of them really don't know jack about the laws or local statutes.
Well I was one who chose the Overnight shipping. I am still happy about choosing the faster shipping. Even if there is any chance it might be faster it will be worth it to me. It won't sit even one day in the Warehouse of Fed-Ex after it arrives to USA. Fed-Ex is bad about that, if it is not scheduled to be delivered on a certain date but it's in your city, most times Fed-Ex will sit on it until the next day. I hate that about Fed-Ex. Rarely do they ship early or earlier than scheduled. I think one time they did it for me but I order tons of stuff, and this is my experience with Fed-Ex at least on the West Coast. Maybe on the East Coast they handle things differently. But I am happy and not having regrets about paying for the overnight shipping.
__________________
Once you go Mac - You will Never go Back!
WizardHunt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:19 PM   #35
laryenhilllvr
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by large farva View Post
Yeah. I don't know how true any of it is, because it was only a bottom level service rep that I was speaking with. I mean, who knows, he might have just told me that my iMac is being processed with expedited shipping to put my mind at ease. Because in all reality, I don't think it makes a huge difference. According to the delivery quotes I received when I was placing my order. A Feb. 7th - 14th delivery date with Standard Shipping vs. a Feb. 6th - 13th delivery date with Express/Expedited Shipping. Which is why I didn't select Express Shipping from the get go.

Also, it seems like a pretty awesome deal, Apple setting up all of the 27" iMac orders with Express Shipping, but not really for the people who actually paid the $30 for Express Shipping, as they would essentially be paying for, nothing. Unless Apple gives those folks a bump a little further ahead in line. Who knows. Just because you hear it from one person, doesn't make it true. It's like police officers. They are police officers, so you would expect them to know the laws and state statutes, especially the most commonly broken ones or the more important ones, but a lot of them really don't know jack about the laws or local statutes.
this is very true. the bright side is that you at least recieved a shipping estimate. i'm apart of the poor saps that just have "january". hopefully mine will ship off soon as i'm almost at the 4 week mark. if not, then i'm cancelling my order and NEVER buying anothe apple product. the company is changing...for the worse it seems.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
Well I was one who chose the Overnight shipping. I am still happy about choosing the faster shipping. Even if there is any chance it might be faster it will be worth it to me. It won't sit even one day in the Warehouse of Fed-Ex after it arrives to USA. Fed-Ex is bad about that, if it is not scheduled to be delivered on a certain date but it's in your city, most times Fed-Ex will sit on it until the next day. I hate that about Fed-Ex. Rarely do they ship early or earlier than scheduled. I think one time they did it for me but I order tons of stuff, and this is my experience with Fed-Ex at least on the West Coast. Maybe on the East Coast they handle things differently. But I am happy and not having regrets about paying for the overnight shipping.
i wish overnight shipping was an option. when did you order?
__________________
I'm living the iLife, but it's time to upgrade all my products.
laryenhilllvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:12 AM   #36
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Ordered 21.5- 15 January

I7, 1TB Fusion, 16 GB. Went to Preparing to Ship on 22 January. Expected delivery 1 Feb-6 Feb
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:59 PM   #37
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God
 
WizardHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
Well I was one who chose the Overnight shipping. I am still happy about choosing the faster shipping. Even if there is any chance it might be faster it will be worth it to me. It won't sit even one day in the Warehouse of Fed-Ex after it arrives to USA. Fed-Ex is bad about that, if it is not scheduled to be delivered on a certain date but it's in your city, most times Fed-Ex will sit on it until the next day. I hate that about Fed-Ex. Rarely do they ship early or earlier than scheduled. I think one time they did it for me but I order tons of stuff, and this is my experience with Fed-Ex at least on the West Coast. Maybe on the East Coast they handle things differently. But I am happy and not having regrets about paying for the overnight shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post

i wish overnight shipping was an option. when did you order?

I ordered on January 15, 2013 at 12 pm(noon) PST in Nevada USA
__________________
Once you go Mac - You will Never go Back!
WizardHunt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:05 PM   #38
large farva
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, FL
[QUOTE=laryenhilllvr;16702955]this is very true. the bright side is that you at least recieved a shipping estimate. i'm apart of the poor saps that just have "january". hopefully mine will ship off soon as i'm almost at the 4 week mark. if not, then i'm cancelling my order and NEVER buying anothe apple product. the company is changing...for the worse it seems.[COLOR="#808080"]

They didn't give you a slightly more specific time frame during your check out process or afterwards? For example my time frame is Feb. 7th - 14th.. I don't know, I still wish I would have gotten the order in while it still showed "January", because that means before the end of the month, and even though I got a more exact time frame, it extends two weeks into February. It's January 22nd, and I'm already checking my order status every day, twice or thrice (lol) a day. Holding on to a little tiny bit of hope that maybe, just maybe, my iMac MIGHT possibly go to "Preparing for Shipment" soon, as someone who ordered theirs 5 days before me received theirs yesterday. So, I sit, I wait, I hope, and I have a huge bitch fit every time I see "Processing". After this I never want to see or hear the word processing ever again. lol
__________________
Late-2012 27" iMac (3.4 GHz i7 / 1TB 7200rpm HDD / 8GB RAM / GTX 680MX 2GB)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
iPhone 5 64GB (Black,Verizon)
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 01:39 AM   #39
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
I7, 1TB Fusion, 16 GB. Went to Preparing to Ship on 22 January. Expected delivery 1 Feb-6 Feb
Got shipping notice this morning. Delivery on 30 January

Update: Delivery expected 29 January

Last edited by jimbo1mcm; Jan 23, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:06 AM   #40
laryenhilllvr
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
[QUOTE=large farva;16707566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post
this is very true. the bright side is that you at least recieved a shipping estimate. i'm apart of the poor saps that just have "january". hopefully mine will ship off soon as i'm almost at the 4 week mark. if not, then i'm cancelling my order and NEVER buying anothe apple product. the company is changing...for the worse it seems.[COLOR="#808080"]

They didn't give you a slightly more specific time frame during your check out process or afterwards? For example my time frame is Feb. 7th - 14th.. I don't know, I still wish I would have gotten the order in while it still showed "January", because that means before the end of the month, and even though I got a more exact time frame, it extends two weeks into February. It's January 22nd, and I'm already checking my order status every day, twice or thrice (lol) a day. Holding on to a little tiny bit of hope that maybe, just maybe, my iMac MIGHT possibly go to "Preparing for Shipment" soon, as someone who ordered theirs 5 days before me received theirs yesterday. So, I sit, I wait, I hope, and I have a huge bitch fit every time I see "Processing". After this I never want to see or hear the word processing ever again. lol
well with your specs you'll probably get it before the more complex specs. i was one of the unfortunate "january" people. it may sound nice to just have january, but when you're without a computer and stuck in a third world country with no other form of entertainment and a two to three week additional waiting time tacked on to the delivery date (since apple doesn't ship to apo addresses i have to have it forwarded through a third party) it doesn't seem so good.
__________________
I'm living the iLife, but it's time to upgrade all my products.
laryenhilllvr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:09 AM   #41
large farva
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, FL
I think MacRumors' quoting system is jacked up a bit. I just noticed that one of my recent posts (above), has a messed up quote, where it doesn't actually quote them it just shows what was entered in the text box when I was creating the post. Also, apparently Laryenhilllvr just quoted him/her self, somehow. Weird...
__________________
Late-2012 27" iMac (3.4 GHz i7 / 1TB 7200rpm HDD / 8GB RAM / GTX 680MX 2GB)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
iPhone 5 64GB (Black,Verizon)
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:28 PM   #42
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God
 
WizardHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada USA
i think we need to re-ignite this thread with prepared for shipping info that is current and related to preparing for shipment.

I ordered on Jan 15th 2013 at noon PST in USA

3.4 Ghz i7, 8 GB ram (will upgrade later)
3 TB Harddrive No Fusion Drive
GTX 680MX 2 GB Video
Magic Mouse, Num KB, etc

Current Status: Still Processing as of 4:30 PM PST USA Feb 2nd
__________________
Once you go Mac - You will Never go Back!
WizardHunt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:15 PM   #43
Daves0024
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I ordered Jan 25th

21.5 inch
2.9 8gb
1tb fusion

Just changed from preparing to ship to shipped about an hour ago

Original timeframe was feb 19-22
Daves0024 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:09 PM   #44
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God
 
WizardHunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves0024 View Post
I ordered Jan 25th

21.5 inch
2.9 8gb
1tb fusion

Just changed from preparing to ship to shipped about an hour ago

Original timeframe was feb 19-22
I thought even the 21.5 models had a 2-3 weeks shipping time frame.. that is like only 1 week what is going on?
__________________
Once you go Mac - You will Never go Back!
WizardHunt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:17 PM   #45
Daves0024
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
I thought even the 21.5 models had a 2-3 weeks shipping time frame.. that is like only 1 week what is going on?
They estimated feb 19 which would have been 3 weeks but it took 1 week to ship. I should receive it by the end of this week. I have a tracking number but the info was just sent to FedEx so there is no tracking details yet
Daves0024 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:24 AM   #46
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816
 
RoastingPig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
i waited so long for mine at one point i thought the status said when hell freezes over
__________________
Mac Pro 6 Core D700*, Retina 13 256gb/8gb 5000
RoastingPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:52 AM   #47
trustever
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves0024 View Post
I ordered Jan 25th

21.5 inch
2.9 8gb
1tb fusion

Just changed from preparing to ship to shipped about an hour ago

Original timeframe was feb 19-22

Daves0024 where have you ordered from?
trustever is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 07:27 AM   #48
Daves0024
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustever View Post
Daves0024 where have you ordered from?
I ordered on Apple.com
Daves0024 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 08:23 AM   #49
mikeorchard
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfinchley View Post
I am in the UK. I ordered on 30 November, I was quoted 3-4 weeks and it arrived on 28 December. 4 weeks to the day. I rang Apple and tried to sweet talk them into shipping faster, but, as expected, they said they could not expedite a BTO of a highest end 27" even though I explained that I had bought two Ipad minis in December as well and could they look after such a good customer!

However, they did give me a credit of 50 for not having my machine to me in three weeks. That was nice of them.
Obviously? Did you want them to personally make a phone call to the exact factory in China or wherever to the exact line manager to ask the assembly workers working on your exact order to go a little faster? Jesus christ.

Also, express shipping only makes a difference to shipping time, not the time from preparing to ship and shipped. You're paying for a faster service from UPS or whomever, not Apple.
mikeorchard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 08:26 AM   #50
pattersontrevor
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: London, UK
Preparing to Ship and Shipped should happen in same day, usually.

I placed my order on the UK Education Apple Store on the 15th of January, it went to "Preparing for Shipment" to "Shipped" on the 1st of February. It's now in the air somewhere between Dubai and London (presumably), with an expected delivery date of Wednesday the 6th of February.

Not too bad, all in all.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
pattersontrevor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long until "preparing for shipment" poll wesk702 Mac Pro 0 Feb 5, 2014 11:24 AM
Preparing for shipment! Four oF NINE iPhone 22 Oct 6, 2013 09:01 AM
how long does it take to change from preparing for shipment to ship? SilentLoner iPhone 0 Oct 4, 2013 08:19 AM
what does preparing for shipment signify? mayakukla iPhone 11 Sep 21, 2012 05:23 PM
Preparing for shipment Mossmann MacBook Pro 20 Aug 11, 2012 11:02 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC