Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seeking Help

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Hello,

I have checked several threads about this issue and I have only seen that the Apple Store can replace it for $199 if the warranty is expired. I was wondering if there was anyway to fix the issue as opposed to buying a whole new replacement phone?

To be honest, I don't really care for the iPhone and don't want to purchase one again. The other reason is I absolutely can not afford to replace it.

I have turned on the Assistive Touch feature and it's been working fine, but a little bit inconvenient. Is that my best bet?

Thanks!

iPhone Bits

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Hello,

I have checked several threads about this issue and I have only seen that the Apple Store can replace it for $199 if the warranty is expired. I was wondering if there was anyway to fix the issue as opposed to buying a whole new replacement phone?

To be honest, I don't really care for the iPhone and don't want to purchase one again. The other reason is I absolutely can not afford to replace it.

I have turned on the Assistive Touch feature and it's been working fine, but a little bit inconvenient. Is that my best bet?

Thanks!

Hi there the only way is to open it up and replace the power cable, if you have a read at this article it will explain exactly whats wrong http://www.squidoo.com/iphone-4-power-button-stuck-not-working

although its for the iPhone 4 the problem with the 4s is exactly the same

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.