Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:25 AM   #1
Jayuk
macrumors newbie

Anyone Amazon Prime *UK*

anyone here amazon prime mainly in the uk (london)?

just wondering if anyone here is amazon prime member and if its worth the 49 yearly..
Jayuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

I have it in the US. I usually order over $25 per order anyway so would get free 3-5 day shipping. But it's nice to know that I'll get stuff in 2 days. I also watch the free Amazon Prime movies/tv shows and have a Kindle device so can utilize the 1 free book a month. In that regard it's a very good deal. You really just need to determine if you'll order from them frequently enough. Aside from groceries I haven't been in a real store in ages. I think the delivery man hates stopping by my house by now also... I do try to only order once a week at most though.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Huntn
macrumors 604

I like free shipping and most of my orders are over $25 (the free shipping req in the States) so usually I don't mind a couple of extra days for the stuff to appear on my doorstep. I am considering Prime membership because getting it in a couple of days can be nice too, but do I want to pay for it?
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:39 AM   #4
yetanotherdave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to yetanotherdave Send a message via MSN to yetanotherdave Send a message via Yahoo to yetanotherdave
I have it in the UK, and you don't get all the video streaming benefits of US prime membership, but you do get the kindle book rental thing. Next day deliveries for orders up till about 17:00 are great, and a luxury I wouldn't like to give up.
Having said that, I don't pay for it, my Dad wanted it, and realised that even though he doesn't live with me or my siblings, he can give us each one of the 5 household slots, one for him, one for his wife, and one each for my siblings over 4 separate addresses. From that point of view, amazing value at 10 each, although it leaves my wife jealous that she doesn't have it on her account.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:54 AM   #5
Jayuk
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
I have it in the US. I usually order over $25 per order anyway so would get free 3-5 day shipping. But it's nice to know that I'll get stuff in 2 days. I also watch the free Amazon Prime movies/tv shows and have a Kindle device so can utilize the 1 free book a month. In that regard it's a very good deal. You really just need to determine if you'll order from them frequently enough. Aside from groceries I haven't been in a real store in ages. I think the delivery man hates stopping by my house by now also... I do try to only order once a week at most though.
i pretty much order what ever i need everyday off amazon as i have no time to go shopping + the deals on the net seem cheaper for me. i wish uk amazon had the same benefits as usa does..
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

I gave up with prime.

For smaller items, they use first class post - which isn't guaranteed. And it's the same routine, phone them up, they refund like 1, and it arrives 2-3 days later.

They've had an ASA ruling go against them for it, yet they seem to still do it.
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Washac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayuk View Post
anyone here amazon prime mainly in the uk (london)?

just wondering if anyone here is amazon prime member and if its worth the 49 yearly..
I cancelled my prime, I was not happy with the way they conduct their business in the UK plus the delivery people they use.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Jayuk
macrumors newbie

thanks everyone!

im still in the middle of getting it or not..

still waiting for more storys lol

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion