Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcgroarty

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Is there a recommended way to tighten up the pivot on the 2012 27" iMac?

Every time I tilt it upward a little bit, within a couple hours the display works its way back downward, facing almost straight forward. It takes just a few gentle nudges of the desk or a bit of typing and mousing to work its way down. I never had the problem with my late 2009 model on the same desk.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Is there a recommended way to tighten up the pivot on the 2012 27" iMac?

Every time I tilt it upward a little bit, within a couple hours the display works its way back downward, facing almost straight forward. It takes just a few gentle nudges of the desk or a bit of typing and mousing to work its way down. I never had the problem with my late 2009 model on the same desk.

No. If you are dissatisfied then you have 14 days to return (assuming it was purchased directly from Apple), if you are outside the 14 day time-frame you have a 1 year warranty.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
As mental as it is, I'd send it back for a replacement. I just tested this with my 27" 2012 iMac, and have no such issue. There's a nice bit of resistance on adjusting tilt. I just slammed my desk around quite a bit to test (no issues), and the wife wondered what on earth I was doing. :D

The stand screws are internal, so the only way to tighten them is to take apart the whole thing (I know... ridiculous). So, yeah... send it back if it bothers you.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.