Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:39 PM   #1
abz1981
macrumors 6502a

iphone liquid indicator

Hi

How quick would an iphone liquid indicator change colour, if phone has been affected by liquid?

Could there ever be something such as a delayed reaction in colour changing on the indicator.
Also is there ever a case of a delayed reaction of a phone not functioning correctly after liquid damage. For example if a phone came in contact with water today and then a few weeks later it goes dead because of the liquid damage. Like a delayed reaction?

Is it also possible if an indicator has not changed colour and the internal part of the phone can have corrosion from some sort of liquid. i mean if that was the case, and a handset was taken to apple, and noticed corrosion and no change of colour on the indicator, would a device be swapped under warranty?

Sorry for dumb questions just curious.

thanks

Last edited by abz1981; Jan 18, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
abz1981 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:47 PM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

They'll open it up to check the internal sensors too.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:56 PM   #3
chrscap
macrumors regular

My coworker dropped his i5 in water somehow, its a color indicator from what he tells me and he took it to this person who can change the color by adding bleach and other chemicals, brought it back to the Apple store. Genius told him he dropped it in water and they could tell by the components but indicator read okay. After an hour, they swapped it for a new one.
chrscap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Brian Y
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrscap View Post
My coworker dropped his i5 in water somehow, its a color indicator from what he tells me and he took it to this person who can change the color by adding bleach and other chemicals, brought it back to the Apple store. Genius told him he dropped it in water and they could tell by the components but indicator read okay. After an hour, they swapped it for a new one.
Wait - so he bleached the indicator - and then argued with them for an hour??? Your coworker is an asset to society.
Brian Y is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:07 PM   #5
chrscap
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Y View Post
Wait - so he bleached the indicator - and then argued with them for an hour??? Your coworker is an asset to society.
he hired someone to do it for him, yeah, hes lazy here at work and no one likes him. LOL
chrscap is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone