Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1
newbie2013
macrumors newbie

Website folder location issue....please help!

Hi Everyone,

I am new to web development and to this forum so please forgive me if this is a basic question...

I am developing a website on my mac with Mac OS X 10.6.8. We have users set up on this computer so I'm signed in to one of the users when I've been developing the website. I have the folder for the website saved on my desktop.

The issue I'm having is that everywhere that you have to link something to the code (i.e. Style sheets, images, pages etc.) when I do it while it's on my computer it works well but when I upload it to the web I have to change all of them to make it work.

For example say I was linking the style sheet and had to use "../assets/style.css" on my computer, then I'd have to change it to "assets/style.css" in the code before I uploaded it in order to have it work on the web or vice versa.

For my searches I understand that this has something to do with the users but haven't found a solution. I'm guessing that there is somewhere that I can put the website folder so that this doesn't happen?

Any help would be appreciated as it is a HUGE pain to have to go through and change all of it when I want to upload them.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
newbie2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:34 PM   #2
newbie2013
macrumors newbie

Never mind. For some reason it seems to be working now....not sure what happened! I tried to delete this post but can't figure out how

Thank You!
newbie2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development