Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1
nateo200
macrumors 68030

Canon 6D RAW files do NOT show in any program! Help?!

So my 6D is not in my hands yet BUT I was at Best Buy today and put my SD card into it and gave it a run, Best Buy photo dude was real lax when he saw I brought my other toys with me I took some portraits of my dad and little sister with my 85 ƒ1.8 and the 24-105 ƒ4L but I can't see the CR2's! I did not shoot JPEGs at all. The CR2's do not show up in finder but even more frustrating they don't show up in Canon's Digital Photo Professional tool! I googled it and saw threads asking about it and people simply stating the issue and advising to update the copy of DPP I still can't figure out how on earth to update Digital Photo Professional! I can see all my EXIF data from shots taken with the 6D but I don't even get so much as a preview...
-Canon 550D, GoPro3 Black
nateo200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2
I AM THE MAN
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
So my 6D is not in my hands yet BUT I was at Best Buy today and put my SD card into it and gave it a run, Best Buy photo dude was real lax when he saw I brought my other toys with me I took some portraits of my dad and little sister with my 85 ƒ1.8 and the 24-105 ƒ4L but I can't see the CR2's! I did not shoot JPEGs at all. The CR2's do not show up in finder but even more frustrating they don't show up in Canon's Digital Photo Professional tool! I googled it and saw threads asking about it and people simply stating the issue and advising to update the copy of DPP I still can't figure out how on earth to update Digital Photo Professional! I can see all my EXIF data from shots taken with the 6D but I don't even get so much as a preview...
Maybe try calling Canon Customer support. To be honest, if you can't find any solutions on the web
that could maybe solve your problems.

Also what kind of card are you using? Does the card still work with your camera at home?
I AM THE MAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:11 PM   #3
ocabj
macrumors 6502

Download the updater from any Canon EOS camera product page. For example: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...ersAndSoftware

The download of DPP requires that you have some version of DPP already installed (from the CD included with your EOS dSLR).

As far as in other programs, LR 4.3 and whatever the latest Adobe Camera RAW version is has 6D support.
ocabj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:57 AM   #4
nateo200
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
Download the updater from any Canon EOS camera product page. For example: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...ersAndSoftware

The download of DPP requires that you have some version of DPP already installed (from the CD included with your EOS dSLR).

As far as in other programs, LR 4.3 and whatever the latest Adobe Camera RAW version is has 6D support.
Thanks. I did this and its working perfect.
-Canon 550D, GoPro3 Black
nateo200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography